Senior Mechanical Engineer
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will develop new technologies for Align’s application needs with focus on machine design and machine development. Build proof of concept and prototype systems and to deploy the new equipment in Align’s manufacturing facilities. Responsible for the support of on-going production activities and participation in the development of new technologies.
In this role, you will…
- Provide lead expert engineering role in the design of complex automation equipment utilizing CAD/PLM systems
- Designs and builds new equipment, custom automation assemblies, and create CAD model of parts, assemblies and drawings and Bill of Material per design·Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs
- Build proof of concept systems and prototypes; this is hands-on position touches all aspects of electro-mechanical systems, system safety from design concept
- Research, define, develop, and implement new state of the art manufacturing technologies to improves operational performance
- Evaluate new and existing intellectual property to determine unique opportunities for new production equipment
- Provide sound engineering advice to product development teams throughout the phase gate development process, including the areas of risk analysis, project planning and transfer into manufacturing
- Provide engineering expertise in design practice, project leadership and mentoring of junior engineers
- Provide technical representation as an expert for both across the organization and for external companies
- Coordinate and lead transfer of new products and procedures into manufacturing
- Support new product introduction, process improvements, quality initiatives, and continuous
- Responsible for improving and execution of Engineering Change Orders process
- Change orders will include, but are not limited to purchasing, manufacturing and test documentation, configuration documentation, design history files and customer communication
In this role, you’ll need …
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in mechanical engineering or related discipline.
- Knowledge of leading edge materials and manufacturing technologies
- 8+ years of experience in Mechanical/ Automation Engineering / Machine design
- Extensive CAD/PLM system experience in designing complex assembly systems in Solidworks
- Experience in the design, development and transfer of new products into a manufacturing environment
- Desire and demonstrated ability to successfully lead complex projects
- Desire and demonstrated mentoring skills with junior engineers
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering, Design Thinking Concepts
- Ability to plan and organize work load and multiple projects to achieve desired goals
- Extensive experience in configuration management/document control
- Expert in different disciplines: mechanical, electro-mechanical, Pneumatic
- Experience with tolerance analysis, Design for Reliability, Manufacturing and Service
- FDA regulated environment experience is desirable
- Experience with Motion Controllers, Servo Drives and Motors, and Robots -- SCARA, Articulated 6-Axis, Cartesian, Vision system, Industrial Components -- Sensors, Relays, Switches, Temp. Controllers, Power Supplies, Timers, and Counters, barcode and RFID
- Experience with machine safety devices
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Senior Finance Manager – Planning & ForecastingVerizonWhat you’ll be doing... The Finance Organization At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have15 second agoShareBasking Ridge, NJ
Senior Manager – Business Process and PrioritizationVerizonWhat you’ll be doing... This position will manage the Verizon 1:1 SOI (System of Insights) initiatives across GTS, Business teams and vendors. SOI is a new18 second agoSharePiscataway, NJ
Principal Account Executive - Financial ServicesAmazon.comJob Description<\/h2>Would you like to help the developing countries with the leader in the cloud computing business? Would you like to use the power of cloud9 minute agoShareArlington County, VA
Software Dev EngineerAmazon.comJob Description<\/h2>Since 1995, Amazon has focused on being \u201cthe worlds most customer centric company.\u201d Our customers are worldwide, and include not9 minute agoShareSeattle, WA
Software Development Engineer in TestAmazon.comJob Description<\/h2>At Amazon, we're working to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience9 minute agoShareSeattle, WA