Admin Operations Clerk
$40,058 - $52,622 a year
There is only one city in the country that can say it is the Nationâs Capital â Washington, D.C. Given that distinction, the Metropolitan Police Department is the premiere law enforcement organization in the city. We receive over 22 million visitors a year, have almost 700,000 residents, and 21,000 private business. The Department consists of more than 4,500 members: approximately 3,850 sworn members and over 650 civilian employees. We are one of the most diverse and highly trained departments in the country. We have the honor of safeguarding and protecting not only our nationâs residents, but also people from all over the world.
The Administrative Operations Clerk position is in the collective bargaining unit represented by the National Association for Government Employees (NAGE) R3-5 and you may be required to pay an agency fee through direct payroll deductions.
This position is assigned to the Homeland Security Bureau, Special Operations Division, located at 2850 New York Avenue, NE, Washington, DC. The incumbent serves as the daily administrative support service and manage time and attendance activities.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Read and keep abreast of organizational changes, new department wide directives and procedures that affect the work of the unit.
- Respond to written and verbal inquiries from employees, supervisors, payroll office of other agencies.
- Prepare reports at the request of a supervisor or other superiors in order to summarize time and attendance and compensation data; extract information according to variables such as union code, organizational code, pay period, time keeper number, and salary rate.
- Maintain a variety of records concerning assigned personnel activities and time and attendance, e.g., injuries, illnesses, disability compensation, leave restoration, leave
- Plan and implement time and attendance activities to meet deadlines for the submission of payroll data, to ensure the timely compensation of assigned personnel.
- Serve as liaison to the Payroll Office. Review and enter information on a daily basis in the automated payroll system.
- Responsible for the time and attendance entries of assigned personnel or may work as a member of a team and be responsible for a segment of the work for that unit.
- Review various compensation forms and documents for accuracy and completion.
- Compute and adjust various types of compensation requests.
- Prepare bi-weekly time and attendance reports.
- Conduct audits of time and attendance records to ensure accuracy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Skill in preparing manual time and attendance reports. Skilled in the use of a computer and an automated payroll system.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical computations (e.g. Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, percentages).
- Skill in interpreting time and attendance guidelines and to relay the information accurately to others.
- Skill in recording accurate information and to detect and correct errors.
- Skill to establish an effective record-keeping system.
Licensures, Certifications and other requirements
Two (2) years of college level experience preferred.
Must possess at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to CS-5 grade level in the District of Columbia government service or its non-District equivalent that demonstrates knowledge of the specialized subject area of the position.
The work is performed in an office setting.
Other Significant Factors
This position operates within the confines of a 24/7 operation. The person selected for this position may be required to provide after-hours on-call support including weekends and holidays.
A criminal background including criminal history and credit check are required for positions within the Metropolitan Police Department.
The District of Columbia Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Merchandising Service AssocLowe'sMerchandising Service Assoc Job Description The Merchandising Service Associate is primarily responsible for completing all assigned merchandising reset and service11 minute agoShareSaint Louis, MO
Senior Manager – Business Process and PrioritizationVerizonWhat you’ll be doing... This position will manage the Verizon 1:1 SOI (System of Insights) initiatives across GTS, Business teams and vendors. SOI is a new17 minute agoSharePiscataway, NJ
Software Dev EngineerAmazon.comJob Description<\/h2>Since 1995, Amazon has focused on being \u201cthe worlds most customer centric company.\u201d Our customers are worldwide, and include not26 minute agoShareSeattle, WA
Senior IT SpecialistLabCorpThe IT Technical Specialist supports and maintains equipment and software associated with lab operations, administration and outside facilities. They interact with and27 minute agoShareSan Diego County, CA
Accounts Payable ClerkRobert Half USSalary: $18 - 24/hr Location: Poway, CA Date Posted: April 19, 2019 Employment Type: Temporary Job Reference: 00690-9501903897 Staffing Area: Temporary28 minute agoSharePoway, CA