Store Team Leader
Store Team Leader
Work Location US-IN-INDIANAPOLIS
Job ID 2019-10115
Address 4574 LAFAYETTE RD
Job Category Retail Leadership
Nearest Metro Area IN-Indianapolis
Work/Life balance - We offer the best schedule in retail! Store Hours: Monday to Saturday 7AM - 8PM and Sunday 12PM - 5PM
Come help us champion a “Customer is King” environment and see why we set the bar for customer satisfaction in the retail industry!
- We are CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, and Easter
- We have several leaders that began as Team Leaders!
Benefits after 30 days!
- You take care of our customers, so we take care of you!
- 10% off your purchases!
As a TEAM LEADER, you are on your way to increased responsibility and future growth into leadership opportunities! TEAM LEADERS have a PASSION for customer service, are DETAIL-ORIENTED for stocking and inventory management, and are SKILLED in operating point of sale and maintaining Store conditions. Develop LEADERSHIP skills while aiding in supervising sales associates in the performance of their assigned duties.
As part of leadership, our Team Leaders:
- Help complete daily Store operations and tasks for the day
- Open and close the Store
- Maintain merchandise - product rotation, proper food handling, receiving, ensure product quality
- Provide exceptional customer service - building relationships, problem solving, building sales
- Cash handling - bank deposits, getting change for cashiers, setting and counting down registers
- Keep up with reporting to support sales, earnings, and minimizing shrink
- Help build and train the team!
- Safely operate power equipment, such as slicing equipment, walkie lifts and forklifts where applicable
If this sounds like you, make sure you also meet these requirements:
- Have 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- You must be a minimum of 18 years old (required)
- Successfully pass our pre-employment checks, including a
- You must maintain a valid driver's license and safe driving record per GFS policy
- The ability to read/write, and communicate in English is required; additional language skills are valued!
- Basic math and computer skills will be required
Note: Please make sure you use a valid email so we can follow up with you and let you know what's happening in the process.
There's a seat at our table for you...
There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to ******@gfs.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Need help finding the right job?
Dietary AideprimroseJoin our fun, close knit team! We've increased our starting wage, and are looking forward to adding 2 Full-Time Dietary Aids to our team. There is opportunity for3 minute agoShareKansas City, KS
HousekeeperprimrosePart-Time, Day Shift with Rotating Weekends PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Able to perform designated work for the housekeeping of our residents. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITY:3 minute agoShareAppleton, WI
Spring Seasonal Associate(Cashier, Paint, Lumber, Loaders)Lowe'sSpring Seasonal Associate(Cashier, Paint, Lumber, Loaders) Job Description Seasonal AssociateLowe's has seasonal openings for Assemblers, Receivers/Stockers, and9 minute agoShareTukwila, WA
Merchandising Service AssocLowe'sMerchandising Service Assoc Job Description The Merchandising Service Associate is primarily responsible for completing all assigned merchandising reset and service9 minute agoShareShreveport, LA
Night Ops Dept SupervisorLowe'sNight Ops Dept Supervisor Job Description Position SummaryThe Night Operations Dept Supervisor is primarily responsible for leading and enabling a team of associates to9 minute agoShareCarmel, IN