Reporting Analyst (7584U)
Admin - Computing - Programming/Analyst
Reporting Analyst (7584U)About Berkeley
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: February 20, 2019
The Haas School of Business develops path bending leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, Development and Alumni Relations.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learnand a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
- Applies technical expertise and business analysis concepts to identify, evaluate and define complex systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Performs highly complex analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing complex systems and procedures.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
- Creates complex specifications for systems to meet user requirements. Validates requirements against needs.
- Leads cross-functional teams within Development and Alumni Relations and Advancement Services (students and administrative staff)
- Applies professional project management concepts; and is able to apply IT and project management policies and procedures in managing complex assignments.
- Organizes the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to solve complex business or systems issues. Provides user support and training on new applications.
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or
PL SQL Developer or SQL
- Experienced in developing Crystal Reports.
- Experienced in working with a small to med size data warehouse.
- Experienced in developing Tableau Reports and Dashboard.
- Requires advanced communication, organization, and project management skills.
- Requires ability to assess campus needs for information technology products and design services to meet those needs.
- Applies advanced business systems concepts to define highly complex systems scope and objectives based on both user. needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Requires advanced knowledge of business analysis function.
- Creates highly technical specifications for systems with broad impact on campus.
- Requires knowledge of other related areas of IT.
- Knowledge of department processes and procedures.
- Works at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Requires advanced skills associated with programming design, modification and implementation.
- Requires interpersonal and communications skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Has skills needed to develop conversion and system implementation plans.
- Working knowledge of ellucian's Advance Web/CRM or similar fundraising systems such as Raisers Edge Blackbaud CRM .
- Experience supporting a fundraising and alumni relations team, including developing KPIs and dashboard metrics.
- Ability to develop fundraising progress reports. Understanding of prospect management rules for fundraising.
- Knowledge of fundraising policies, specifically gift acceptance policies and procedures
The annual salary range of the position is up to $93,900, commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a contract appointment with a duration of 12 months.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://jobsprod.is.berkeley.edu/psp/jobsprod/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=26359&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
University of California, Berkeley
Online App. Form:https://apptrkr.com/1412080 Apply through Institution's Website
Â© Copyright 2019 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
Safety EngineerSamsungPosition SummarySamsung Austin Semiconductor (SAS) is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the United States. Owned by Samsung Electronics19 minute agoShareAustin, TX
Medical CoderAscensionMedical Coder - Mat Fetal Medicine Support - Full-Time,Day - Sacred Hrt Hosp Pensacola - Pensacola,FL Thank you for your interest in Northwest Floridas leading health44 minute agoSharePensacola, FL
Flow Cytometry Technologist/Analyst (1st Shift)LabCorpLicense/Certification/Education: Requires a B.A./B.S. in Biology or related life science to include completion of 16 credit hours of Biology, 16 credit hours of49 minute agoShareDurham, NC
Associate Director, Network OperationsKPMGAssociate Director, Network Operations**Montvale, New Jersey** **Requisition #:** 41131 **Practice Area:** Business Support Services **Location:** Denver, CO; Atlanta,49 minute agoShareDallas, TX
SAM Associate/SeniorKPMGSAM Associate/Senior**San Francisco, California** **Requisition #:** 42025 **Practice Area:** Advisory **Location:** Phoenix, AZ; Irvine, CA; Los Angeles, CA;50 minute agoShareMcLean, VA