Per Diem MRI Technologist
Under general supervision & utilizing Magnetic Resonance Imaging equipment, produces diagnostic quality cross-sectional images of the human anatomy & vasculature for diagnostic and/or therapeutic purposes. Performs MR imaging protocols & operates hardware & technical parameters in order to maximize MR image quality & acquire images that can be utilized by physicians in order to diagnose diseases. Provide functional direction to assigned staff.
- Explains procedures to patients to reduce anxieties & obtain patient cooperation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional & chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of the age group served.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity & lifestyle choices on patient condition & makes accommodations for such differences.
- Utilizes proper body mechanics.
- Documents clinical activities in a timely, comprehensive, & accurate manner.
- Observes all organizational, regional, medical service area & Diagnostic Imaging Department policies & procedures.
- Maintains standards of professional behavior established to enhance quality of service. Utilizes effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates behavior that meets established standards for professionalism in all interactions with patients & staff.
- Maintains equipment, supplies & work area in accordance with department guidelines.
- Provides training & orientation to new MRI technologists & training of MRI technologists.
- Assists other technologists as needed.
- Performs MRI studies according to established imaging protocols including but not limited to placing specified coil close to the area of interest.
- Explains to patients the magnetic resonance imaging procedures, address patient concerns, and, exhibits high degree of tact, courtesy & poise when interacting with patients, staff
- Ensures patient & staff safety which includes explaining safety protocol, requesting removal of hazardous metal objects, and, alerting staff the danger of carrying metal around magnet.
- Performs all routine aspects of MRI procedures, including but not limited to QC, start-up procedures, signal-to-noise test scans, program/sequence selection, contrast injection, & image processing.
- Operates various x-ray & imaging control consoles, portable units, tube assemblies, lock systems, collimators, filters & tubes in order to perform diagnostic radiographic procedures & exams including- but not limited to -gastro-intestinal exams, plain radiography in areas such as operating room, urology & emergency department urology & emergency department.
- Operates auxiliary imaging equipment such as - but not limited to - tomographic units, Buckies, image intensifiers, spot film devices, video monitors, CR equipment, digital imaging, C-arms & portable units.
- Prepares & administers the appropriate oral, intestinal & I.V. contrast media or as appropriate, assists the radiologist with I.V. Contrast administration.
- Ensures that correct & required patient identification information & left or right marker appears on all images.
- Centers tube & film to area of interest.
- Utilizes appropriate photo-timing, mill-amperes (MA), kilovoltage (KVP), seconds, distance, collimation, intensifying screens, film speed & grids in order to produce diagnostic quality images which demonstrate the area(s) of interest & exhibit acceptable contrast, density & detail.
- Explains the exam/procedure to the patient in order to solicit cooperation & obtain patient understanding.
- Assesses the patient's history & overall condition & makes the necessary modifications in technique and/or positioning to compensate for pathology or other considerations.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
Part Time Nabisco Merchandiser - Ludington/Manistee, MI - Hourly compensation starting range: $12 - $15, subject to relevant experience.Mondelez InternationalJob Description - Part Time Nabisco Merchandiser - Ludington/Manistee, MI - Hourly compensation starting range: $12 - $15, subject to relevant experience. (1905826)7 minute agoShareMuskegon, MI
Student SupportThe North Halifax Grammar School, Halifax, West YorkshireNorth Halifax Grammar SchoolOur Vision NHGS is the school that everyone wishes they went to: where enthusiasm is infectious and excellence is standard; where22 minute agoShareNorth Halifax, VA
Associate Veterinarian at Hermitage Animal Clinic; Nashville, TennesseeHermitage Animal ClinicFounded in 1981, Hermitage Animal Clinic is an AAHA-accredited practice that strives to set the standard for veterinary excellence. We are passionate about staying up to28 minute agoShareNashville, TN
Regional Sales Manager Food Separation - NorthEastAlfa LavalRegional Sales Manager Food Separation - NorthEastAlfa Laval is a leading global supplier of products and solutions for heat transfer, separation and fluid handling1 hour agoShareRichmond, NY
Regional Sales Manager - Food Separation - Southern CaliforniaAlfa LavalRegional Sales Manager - Food Separation - Southern CaliforniaAlfa Laval is a leading global supplier of products and solutions for heat transfer, separation and fluid1 hour agoShareUnited States