Manager, Project Planner
The Manager, Project Planner possesses a comprehensive knowledge of drug development, resource management concepts, associated business processes, and project planning software and plays a key role in scenario planning, i.e., building schedule options and forecasting associated development costs that depict various development options. He/she applies skills to support teams’ operational/strategic delivery of new medicines to patients. The Manager, Project Planner is responsible for the generation, management, and maintenance of high quality project schedules associated with the drug development teams supporting the operational/strategic delivery. He/she may support several different types of schedules in support of a clinical development plan, which may include but are not limited to: medicine, candidate/indication, clinical studies, end game/submission, and product launch planning. The Manager, Project Planner possesses a comprehensive knowledge/understanding of drug development, resource management concepts, associated business processes, and project planning software. The Manager, Project Planner typically works within a cross-functional team environment, contributes or may lead/co-lead moderately complex sub-team initiatives, and plays an essential role in supporting the Resource And Planning Insights for Decisions (RAPID) program.
- Responsible for performing important project planning activities in support of team deliverables and the GPD portfolio. To effectively execute the primary responsibilities, the Manager, Project Planner must possess a comprehensive knowledge of the principles, concepts, and theories of project management. The colleague executes his/her role by partnering with the Asset PM in support of Development, Operations, and Commercial project team members and partner line representatives to create project schedules that enable effective planning and ensure project delivery. The colleague is expected to apply technical, team, and line knowledge along with comprehensive scheduling knowledge to contribute to the achievement of work team deliverables.
Planning/Controlling (Scheduling and Resource Management)
- Responsible for coordinating, monitoring and reporting project schedule and resource management information to enable alignment of GPD and partner line schedules and FTE/dollar resources. These schedules include:
- The cross-functional schedules (Product Group and Candidate Plans) that integrate schedule information across all lines supporting GPD at all stages of the development continuum.
- Clinical study plans (Protocol Development to Final Clinical Study Report) and Clinical Operation Submission activities to support Module 1 and 5 of the submission plan.
- Submission plans in collaboration with the PPM submission group.
- Selected commercial launch plans.
- Identifies and raises schedule conflicts, risks, and resource peaks/troughs appropriately for resolution.
- Directly participates in and contributes to cross-functional and functional teams to discuss, review, and optimize protocol/project/program schedules and resource management plans.
- Monitors progress of project activities towards next project milestone, anticipates and highlights potential variances, supports line/team in critical path analyses and understanding the impact, and partners with the Asset PM, Clinical Operations, and the project team to identify/recommend solutions to schedule risk.
- Performs scenario planning of project timelines within and across protocols and across therapeutic area/portfolio to enable optimum use of local, global, and outsourced resources to ensure efficient delivery of project milestones.
- Contributes to the validation of resource information at the project level with the project teams.
Project Execution and Delivery
- Partners with key team members (e.g., PPM, Medicinal Sciences, CS&O, DSRD, Commercial) to manage the project and achieve key milestones according to the endorsed timeline, cost, and quality parameters.
- Supports negotiations in the allocation of line resources to support the endorsed development plan.
- Contributes to risk management through the identification of operational and project/program risks for discussion with appropriate team leadership. Participates in team discussions to de-risk projects and develop new options to resolve moderately complex issues.
- Provides the Portfolio Management group with project schedule information
Analysis and Reporting
- Produces what-if scenario analyses (base, optimistic and pessimistic development) based on context obtained from project team members (e.g., PPM, Medicinal Sciences, CS&O, DSRD, Commercial). Decisions taken by the team based on these analyses may impact project delivery, costs, and resource requirements.
- Reviews own work regarding quality of schedule and resource metadata through utilization of quality reports and monitoring/management of such data with the team/line members.
- Provides timely reporting to the Asset PM, Portfolio Management, and project teams, alerting them to the possibility of endangered/missed or conflicting milestones and critical path activities.
- Ensures regular information updates and analysis and interpretation of planning and forecasting data to project teams, Portfolio Management, platform lines, and management teams.
- Utilizes available reporting and visualization tools to support governance and team reporting needs (e.g. OnePager, Business Objects, Spotfire).
- Provides context to local customers of reports generated globally and consolidates customer feedback to enable improvement of existing reports and generation of new reports.
- Partners with project team members (e.g. PPM, Medicinal Sciences, CS&O, DSRD, Commercial) to identify opportunities and potential solutions to realize efficiency in the development process.
- Contributes to continuous improvement of project plans, plan generation, plan utilization, and/or report creation/development processes.
- Collaborates with colleagues to ensure cross-team, site learnings, and best practices are shared.
- Promotes partner lines/teams taking ownership of data within planning tools to help them manage their business.
- Bachelors level degree.
- B.S. with 5+ years' experience or M.S. with 3+ years' experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in project planning and project management.
- At least 3 years of applicable pharmaceutical industry experience or similar industry experience.
Beneficial Relevant Capabilities
- Experienced in end-game/regulatory submission planning and/or product launch planning.
- Experienced with planning and resource forecasting tools (e.g., MS Project, Planisware, OnePager).
- Experienced user of reporting and office software (e.g., MS Office, Business Objects, Spotfire).
- Trained/experienced in negotiation, facilitation and managing cross-functional team dynamics.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred but not required.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Last Date to Apply for Job: 2/9/2019
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Application Sales Manager NBSAT&TOverall Purpose: This overlay sales or specialist sales position manages, directs and supervises a team of overlay/specialists sellers who are responsible for selling43 second agoShareDallas, TX
Financial Management SupportInternational Business Machines CorporationFinancial Management Support 229385BR Job Description IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling48 second agoShareBirmingham, AL
Inside SalesInteresse InternationalJob ID 53691 Position Inside Sales Location San Jose, CA Level/Type Experienced / Full Visa Sponsor No Start Date Department Sales52 second agoShareSan Jose, CA
Distribution & Development Manager, North - Consumer PBUGoodyearDistribution & Development Manager, North - Consumer PBUDate: Apr 19, 2019 Location: Field Sales, DL, IN Company: Goodyear Distribution & Development54 second agoShareIndia, TN
Surveillance SpecialistInternational Business Machines CorporationSurveillance Specialist 229563BR Job Description IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to1 minute agoShareEssex, VT