Job Locations US-NC-Whitsett
Job ID 2019-1566
Category Manufacturing Management
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, PaperWorks Industries is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications.
Our purpose is clear. To deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
At PaperWorks, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards. Product certifications include the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
- Review machine schedules, order requirements, operating problems, and special instructions with the preceding and relief production supervisors. Assigns crews to daily jobs based on work priorities and established schedules.
- Ensure all production stations are properly manned.
- Conduct and oversee on-the-job training for his / her assigned crew.
- Tour the area continually to observe and correct existing and / or potential production problems.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within departments or between departments.
- Check condition of felts, pumps, rolls, machinery, and supporting systems.
- Notify maintenance and his / her supervisor of needs for emergency and / or scheduled repairs.
- Adapt temporary measures where possible to maintain production.
- Evaluate the availability and condition of raw stock in line with current production requirements, making appropriate adjustments as required.
- Check board quality against specifications on a continuing basis.
- Take corrective action to ensure product is in specification.
- Report significant quality variations to his / her supervisor as needed.
- Limit the amount of off quality production.
- Develop action and improvement plans to eliminate odd lot production and reduce lost time.
- Maintain operations data, such as time, production, and cost records and prepares management reports.
- Assist Superintendent(s) in directing the periodic wash-up and maintenance works done on machine shut-downs.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationship between management and unions.
- Provides leadership for personnel assigned to their department.
- Enforce plant rules and safety policies and procedures including housekeeping.
- Responsible for safety OSHA recordable rate (RCR) of direct reports.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary.
- High School or GED. BS, BA, or other comparable certification preferred.
- Eighteen months of education and training beyond high school level in a manufacturing field, or a closely related area.
- 5-10 years’ experience in general supervisory role that would include strategic planning, resource allocation, manpower modeling, leadership techniques, and production methods.
- Experience in motivating, developing, and directing people as they work.
- Experience in inspecting and evaluating the quality of products.
- Experience in looking at many indicators of system performance, taking into account their accuracy.
- Experience in bringing others together in an effort to reconcile differences.
- Knowledge of inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, quality control, costs, and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in personnel/human resource functions.
- Knowledge of instructional methods and training techniques.
- Knowledge of equipment, tools, mechanical devices, and their uses to produce motion, light, power, technology, and other applications.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Skilled in active listening. Able to listen to what other people are saying and ask questions as appropriate.
- Able to manage one’s own time and the time of others.
- Able to adjust actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Able to apply principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of goods and services.
- Able to determine when important changes have occurred in a system or are likely to occur.
- Able to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Able to speak clearly, so that others understand you.
- Able to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Able to communicate effectively with others in writing as indicated by the needs of the audience.
- Able to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Able to navigate ladders and stairs in a safe manner.
Project managerkelly servicesOur client, a top Managed Care firm, is currently seeking an (non-IT) Project Manager for a contract to hire opportunity. The position is located in St. Louis MO. By5 minute agoShareSaint Louis, MI
Shift leadAlvarado Restaurant Group"You are applying for work with a franchisee of Taco Bell, not Taco Bell Corp. or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees27 minute agoShareGreeley, CO
Medical Technologist Supervisor ASCP (Microbiology)HCAAlaska Regional Hospital consistently achieves top ratings and recognition for outstanding quality performance and excellent clinical outcomes. To achieve this level of40 minute agoShareAnchorage, AK
TechnicianOerlikonThe Technician pre-treats a variety of customer products using standardized methods to prepare products for coating. He/She uses analytical thinking and a high-degree of48 minute agoShareAmherst, NY
Facility Supervisor - Hangar Sports & Events CentreComcast SpectacorFacility Supervisor - Hangar Sports & Events Centre Overview Spectra Venue Management is currently seeking a full time Facility Supervisor for the Hangar Sport48 minute agoShareCalifornia