Program Coordinator - Infant/Toddler (Baby Promise) Child Care Resource and Referral
Admin - Child Care Services
Full-TimeDevelops and oversees the Infant-Toddler Quality & Supply Building Pilot (Baby Promise). Plans, develops, and evaluates policies, procedures, and systems to implement the program. Coordinates community outreach and works with parents, diverse infant/toddler programs, and partners to create a replicable model of state funded infant/toddler care.
Coordinates and oversees all aspects of the Baby Promise program. Develops, implements, and evaluates program policies and procedures. Coordinates the program at the state and local level and ensures that the program model can be successfully replicated in different agencies. Develops a program application system that prioritizes programs with a history of caring for underserved families (including children of color and families experiencing poverty) to receive Baby Promise funds. Recruits child-care programs that represent a true mixed delivery model (in-home, center based, and Early Head Start). Develops applications and recruitment guidelines. Ensures that materials are culturally appropriate to ensure diverse applicant pools and provides outreach to local groups. Acts as a resource for applicant information and guidance. Mentor programs to build budgets, identify needed supports, and maintain contractual obligations before application and after receiving funding. Provide support and collaborate with the infant/toddler education consultant to ensure ongoing program quality. Coordinate on operational and compliance issues, and ensures that programs receive individualized consultative services as needed. Assist with recruitment of families to the Baby Promise program. Works with Department of Human Services, case workers, and others to connect families with resources and ensure eligibility. Determines family eligibility based upon identified CCDF guidelines. Assist eligible families to locate care in a Baby Promise awarded program. Maintain family relationships and assist with referrals to resources as needed. Process and track monthly program invoices. Develop and submit reports in a timely manner. Collaborate with partners, funders, and the other 2 Baby Promise implementation regions through a community of practice to promote Baby Promise. Keep current on local and state initiatives related to infant/toddler best practices. Participates in CCRR team equity meetings in which individuals are asked to reflect on their own bias and the implications of both personal and institutional bias Reports suspected child abuse in accordance with Oregon Statute. Participates as a team member in Child Care Resource and Referral staff meetings and projects. Attends training sessions and participates in training opportunities. Works as a team with community agencies and other staff in providing services to children, families and providers. Maintains records and/or activity logs. Develops and submits reports in a timely manner. Interacts with children, families and providers in a supportive and professional manner. Maintains the confidentiality of highly sensitive information. Performs all other duties as assigned.Examples of Duties:
- Step 10 on the Oregon Registry or a Bachelor's degree in early childhood education or related field with specific educational content related to infants/toddlers
- Five (5) years of experience working in child care and education, with at least three (3) years working directly with infants and/or toddlers
- Experience in a leadership role related to early childhood education.
- Experience working with diverse backgrounds of the College's community, students and employees; demonstrated commitment to promoting access and diversity
- Current driver's license, insurance, and access to a reliable automobile during work hours for travel between work locations.
- Master's degree in early childhood education or related field
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish, Russian or another language that meets community/department's needs
- Experience working with current state child care rules and regulations
- Must be enrolled in the Oregon Central Background Registry prior to beginning employment and enrollment must be maintained throughout employment
- Post-offer fitness for duty evaluation, must be obtained within 30 days of hire date:
- TB screening
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, Infant/child first aid/CPR, must be obtained within 60 days of hire date
- Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect training must be completed within 30 days of hire
- Introduction to Child Health and Safety training must be completed within 30 days of hire
- Safe Sleep for Oregon's Infants must be completed within 30 days of hire
- Demonstrated knowledge of developmentally appropriate curriculum for children ages 0 to 3, including children with special needs
- Knowledge of or ability to learn current state child care rules and regulations
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet changing deadlines
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- Knowledge of child development and/or early childhood best practices
- Knowledge of or ability to establish working relationships with staff
- High performance through creativity, positive spirit, and multi-tasking
- Ability to motivate, train and develop high performance skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- High personal integrity and sound professional ethics
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency (in Microsoft Windows environment preferably, including Excel)
- Knowledge of and commitment to the use of information technology to support advancement programs
Works assigned schedule, and exhibits regular and predictable attendance. As necessary to meet workload demands, works outside of typical schedule, including evening/weekend hours. Work may require travel to off-campus locations. Work is sometimes performed in an emotional and stressful environment.
If you require technical support with your account or application, please call 855-524-5627.
The College reserves the right to request proof of degree or certification at a later date if these documents are required as part of the qualifications for the position.
Final candidates will be subject to a criminal background check as part of the employment process.
MHCC is NOT able to support Visa applications for employment at the college. Applicants must already be eligible to work in the United States to be considered.
Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and interview process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Mt. Hood Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively supports workforce diversity.
Mt. Hood Community College
MHCC complies with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Americans with Disabilities Act, 1990 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, among other State and Federal Laws related to employment. Mt. Hood Community College makes educational and employment opportunities available to all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. Individuals requiring accommodations due to a disability should contact the Human Resources Office. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires the college to hire only American citizens or aliens who are authorized to work in the United States. MHCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively supports workforce diversity.Apply through Institution's Website
© Copyright 2019 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
Package Handler - Part-TimeUNITED PARCEL SERVICEShift: Sunrise (4:00 AM - 9:00 AM) Twilight (5:00 PM - 10:30 PM) Night (10:00 PM - 4:00 AM)UPS is hiring individuals to work as part-time Package Handlers. This is a1 minute agoShareCommerce City, CO 80022
Retail Sales Consultant - Part TimeSprintJob SummaryHere's your opportunity to join an unstoppable team at a company that's setting a new standard in wireless. This position puts you on the leading edge of a7 minute agoShareWoodbury, NJ
Associate Fact CheckerSpotifyWe’re seeking a motivated associate fact checker to join our research team and contribute to our mission of creating entertaining, informative, and accurate11 minute agoShareLos Angeles, CA
Salon CoordinatorMarilyn Jaeger SkincareMarilyn Jaeger Skincare Studio"A Friendly haven of pampering and beauty"We are celebrating 20 year anniversary of advanced skincare, waxing and massage.Our mission is to24 minute agoShareSan Francisco Bay Area, CA
Medical Director Cardiology - Home basedICON plcMedical Director - Cardiology This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast paced, busy environment for a leading global provider of outsourced development31 minute agoShareKansas City, KS