Business Analyst III
Business Analyst III
The Business Analyst III role is a vital leadership role in our technology organization and helps keep our development projects moving smoothly to completion.
The Career Opportunity:
You will work directly with our customers to deliver high quality software solutions.
Work with and guide our Product Owners to fill in technical gaps in requirements
Provide technical leadership to deliver solutions.
Support our customers post release.
Promote a team culture and environment.
The Team / the Business:
We are the premier provider of breaking news, financial data and expert analysis on business sectors critical to the global economy. As we continue to expand our coverage - not only in the US, but Europe and Asia as well - and enhance our products and solutions, it is increasingly important to complement our world-class services with a world class organization of people.
- Leading technical delivery on team(s) and projects
- Documenting and managing deliverable milestones and risks; communicating out and up to stakeholders; focus on continuous improvement
- End-to-end specification, development, testing, and release of assigned project deliverables for software development projects
- Participates in the scoping of proposed enhancements, and works with Content Managers, Product Managers, or other Business Analysts to turn business requirements into actionable developer specifications
- Works to mitigate risk while managing tasks, resources, and changes
- Oversees or works independently to provide for data transformation, testing, troubleshooting, and end-to-end user support needs
Experience and proficiency with a variety of technologies and methodologies:
- At least 3-5+ years of experience as a business analyst, Scrum Master or project manager in a technical environment
- Proven ability to deliver projects end-to-end, working with teams and stakeholders to execute successfully
- Strong Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills
- Analysis Skills (Includes basic Data analysis, Databases and SQL (preferred)
- Experience delivering software using agile or lean
- Visual Modeling (Workflow Diagrams, Wireframe prototypes)
- Communication skills (presentational, active listening, ability to build consensus, buy-in and support across functions and at all levels)
- Experience leading teams
- Experience working on global teams (preferred)
- Experience working in financial services industry or sustainable investing a plus
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: **************@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Project managerkelly servicesOur client, a top Managed Care firm, is currently seeking an (non-IT) Project Manager for a contract to hire opportunity. The position is located in St. Louis MO. By3 minute agoShareSaint Louis, MI
Plumbing helperseating inc.Gorge point plumbing plumbing & Heating is a small company. We have been in business for 24 years and are located in Long Valley. We do a combination of repair ,11 minute agoShareTownship of Washington, NJ
Nursing: medical surgicalmedpro healthcare staffingNursing: Medical SurgicalMedPro Healthcare Staffing, a Joint Commission-certified staffing agency, is seeking a quality Med-Surg registered nurse (RN) for a travel16 minute agoShareDanville, VA
Senior quality engineerS&P Global Market IntelligenceJob Location: Richmond or Charlottesville, VA Denver or Centennial, CO Halifax, NS The Role and Responsibilities: This position is for a mid to senior-level Test16 minute agoShareCharlottesville, VA
Nursing: psychiatric nursingmedpro healthcare staffingNursing: Psychiatric NursingMedPro Healthcare Staffing, a Joint Commission-certified staffing agency, is seeking a quality Psychiatric registered nurse (RN) for a travel16 minute agoShareBrattleboro, VT