IoT Software Development Manager
IoT Software Development Manager
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Responsible for the management of software development projects within the IoT division to ensure the achievement of division, and corporate objectives and to facilitate the proper adoption of IoT technologies within other SAS solutions outside of the IoT division.
- Responsible for the development management of IoT solutions. This currently includes the SAS Analytics for IoT, Field Quality Analytics, Asset Performance Analysis, Production Quality Analysis. Plan and ultimately manage the development of other foundational and domain-specific IoT solutions.
- Organizes and prioritizes resources to deliver high quality, testable and scalable software solutions within established timelines, while adhering to R&D best practices and processes.
- Collaborates with other project stakeholders (e.g. managers, developers, user interface and visual designers, product managers) to ensure implementation satisfies functional requirements and is consistent with established R&D standards.
- Maintains accountability for the entire life cycle of the code including support for both internal and external consumers.
- Ensures the veracity of design and technical documentation to satisfy both internal and external consumers.
- Provides technical leadership as appropriate for projects and to the team through mentoring, training and managing the activities of the team.
- Lead an IoT Center of Excellence that provides reference implementations of the IoT technologies and solutions. Be an advocate for and architecture support for embedding IoT technologies into other SAS solutions outside of the IoT division.
- Provide management leadership to the team, including teamwork, performance management, feedback, professional growth through collaboration with SAS human resources, SAS education and executive leadership.
- Works with senior management to develop, prioritize, and assign project objectives and responsibilities to individual resources.
- May collaborate with product marketing, management and others to refine product/project direction.
- Engages with upper management in major decisions and complex issues.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field, preferably computer science, math, or statistics.
- Minimum of eight years of related programming or testing experience, including one
- Strong record of leading high-performing technical teams
- Management or development experience with a broad solution product that includes back-end SQL or SAS processing, java-based mid-tiers, and browser-based User Interfaces.
- Experience with applications that use analytic and statistical approaches to problems and embedding those approaches into commercial solutions products.
- Strong development experience in at least one of the core technology areas of a typical SAS solution, such as back-end SQL and SAS coding, using SAS for statistical and analytic development, and developing enterprise ready java-based mid-tiers.
- Ability to communicate various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users.
- Ability to execute against a general set of objectives creatively and in a self-directed manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead, manage and communicate goals to employees
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Strong decision-making ability
- Ability to lead projects and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of SAS products and their applications
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Project managerkelly servicesOur client, a top Managed Care firm, is currently seeking an (non-IT) Project Manager for a contract to hire opportunity. The position is located in St. Louis MO. By3 minute agoShareSaint Louis, MI
Machine learning engineerhiredLet companies apply to you, not the other way around. Sign up with Hired to get access to thousands of companies currently hiring machine learning engineers.Want to work5 minute agoShareSouthborough, MA
Medication technicianhorizon health, inc.Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health At Corizon Health, we share a common bond to deliver extraordinary care and client service. We take pride in10 minute agoShareTopeka, KS
Correctional facility nursehorizon health, inc.As a Registered Nurse at Hennepin County Adult Correctional Facility, Plymouth, MN; you will play a critical part in achieving excellence and honoring our responsibility10 minute agoShareMinneapolis, MN
Case manager home health rnsunbelt staffingAccepting applications and interviewing for a qualified, professional and independent Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager Home Health contract job in Portland, Oregon .14 minute agoSharePortland, OR