Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OC
Starting Salary Range: $15.11 - $20.79 (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30-5
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt âââââââ
Location: 16-MD:JH at White Marsh
Department name: 10002800-SOM DOM Billing
Personnel area: School of Medicine
Responsible for collection of unpaid third-party claims and appeals. Works with the payersâ to resolve issues and facilitate prompt payment of claims.
- Utilizes the EPIC system for the daily flow of accounts to identify unpaid claims for follow-up.
- Communicates with third-party payers, patients, physicians, and other parties to resolve unpaid claims.
- Review and update patient registration information (demographic and insurance) in EPIC as needed.
- Posts appropriate adjustments and discounts as dictated by departmental policies.
- Utilizes all methodologies of third party payor contact [web, Real-Med, fax, etc.] for the timely resolution of unpaid claims.
- Retrieves supporting documents (medical reports, authorizations, etc.) as needed for review and/or submission to third-party payers.
- Non CPCs must have all medical records reviewed and approved by Lead Staff CPCs prior to mailing out.
- Identifies and informs the supervisor / Production Unit Manager of issues, trends and/or problems associated with non-payment of claims.
- Works with Claims Coordinator to resolve edits associated with unpaid, unprocessed and/or rejected claims.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum, one year medical billing [insurance] experience required; two years preferred.
- CPC preferred.
- Knowledgeable in medical terminology and CPT/ICD coding basics.
- Ability to utilize various billing, payor and patient information systems.
- Savvy in MD payer processing rules & regulations, their respective submission guidelines and their procedures and policies for rejection and appeal processing.
The successful candidate(s) for
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at **************@jhu.edu. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
JH at White Marsh
Registered Respiratory Therapist - 20 HoursCleveland ClinicJob Summary: Provides assessment, treatment, care and evaluation for patients with respiratory insufficiencies. Responsibilities: Assesses patient for appropriate type15 minute agoShareEuclid, OH
Asset Management SpecialistLeidosJob Description The Defense group at Leidos is currently seeking an Asset Manager to work in Arlington, VA. JOB SUMMARY Candidate will be a member of the Pentagon Asset26 minute agoShareArlington County, VA
Sr. Perl Software Engineer with polyLeidosJob Description The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Sr. Software Engineer at our customer site in Annapolis Junction, MD Program30 minute agoShareAnnapolis Junction, MD
Marketing Manager - Baylor UniversityAramark(US)Overview:About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s39 minute agoShareWaco, TX
PhlebotomistLabCorpRequisition Number: 19-78069 Shift: 1 Work Schedule: Monday & Tuesday 11:00am - 7:30pm, Wednesday and Thursday 10:00am - 6:30pm, Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm PST meets50 minute agoShareSeattle, WA