What you’ll be doing…
The Manager, Workplace manages facilities and workplace operations within a single market or city. The Manager, Workplace may also support new/small offices and/or virtual employees in nearby geographies. This role will build and lead a comprehensive program to deliver a safe, productive, efficient, and fun working environment.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Leadership and Management of a team including resource management, hiring, mentorship and performance management
- Operate as a true partner to local business leaders, finance, HR, IT, and other functional areas
- Comfortable dwelling on both the strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer
- Identify vendor complete local ownership for a variety of service areas, including:
- Building operations and maintenance (planned & reactive)
- Post & supplies
- Parking & local transportation
- Meetings & events
- Food services
- Office equipment & supplies
- Small project management (renovations and personnel moves/adds/changes)
- Liaise between the local employees and other corporate service functions, such as global travel, compliance, and sourcing/procurement.
- Be the local resource engaging the Global Real Estate team on long-term space planning, leasing, workplace strategy, design, major capital projects, budgeting, and other regional or global initiatives.
- Driving both cost and operational efficiency through the program as it scales, while also continuously innovating.
Who you are…
- Experienced. You have 5-10 years’ experience in Hospitality Management and/or Office Management. You also have experience as a local/regional manager within a larger corporate facilities or workplace team.
- Educated. You have a Bachelor’s degree preferably with a focus in management, operations, or a similar field. Professional certifications such as CFM preferred.
- Domain. You have experience with the growth of 1 or more offices from a startup size to a large scale. Having experience supporting a build-out or move is helpful.
- Communicator. You can effectively communicate with landlords,
- Go getter. You have drive. You get the job done and you are unafraid to make decisions.
- Facilities Expert. You have demonstrated success in one or more of the following areas: facilities management (in a professional/corporate environment), office management, corporate administration, procurement, and/or hospitality management.
- Accountable. You are able to achieve/deliver results via leverage of both internal and external resources.
- Flexible. You can travel on a monthly basis in between offices for a couple days at a time.
- Strategic Thinker. You are able to build the program and the workplace with growth and change in mind. Constantly searching for great new ideas to make the workplace great.
- Team Player. You’re the best at what you do you and you know how to work with your colleagues to get their best. You have the ability to lead a team and represent the company when it comes to everything about our local workplace. You also have experience working with a remote/offsite manager.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Video Production Manager & Master Storyteller (Remote & Full-time)Metabolic Living$65,000 - $95,000 a yearThis is your opportunity to join our team and build a state-of-the-art video production storytelling team from the comfort of your own home for a rapidly scaling,26 minute agoShareRemote
Video Production Manager & Master Storyteller (Remote & Full-time)Metabolic Living$65,000 - $95,000 a yearThis is your opportunity to join our team and build a state-of-the-art video production storytelling team from the comfort of your own home for a rapidly scaling,29 minute agoShareRemote
Video Production Manager & Master Storyteller (Remote & Full-time)Metabolic Living$65,000 - $95,000 a year$65,000 - $95,000 a yearThis is your opportunity to join our team and build a state-of-the-art video production storytelling team from the comfort of your own home for a37 minute agoShareRemote
CHIRLA Phone OperatorCoalition for Humane Immigrant Rights (CHIRLA)$17.31 an hourPOSITION: The Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights (CHIRLA) is seeking motivated individuals to work as Call Center Phone Operators as part of our Electoral Campaign.44 minute agoShareLos Angeles, CA 90057
Community ManagerRegusLET'S HELP PEOPLE WORK, EVERYWHERE. Regus provides places to work for everyone, worldwide. We have built an unparalleled network of office, co-working and meeting45 minute agoShareSeattle, WA