Desktop Tech II
Desktop Tech II
Posted Date 11 hours ago(2/5/2019 9:37 PM)
Posting Location McLean, VA
Req # R0015520
Category Information Technology
CompuCom Systems, Inc. provides end-to-end managed services, technology and consulting to enable the digital workplace for enterprise, midsize and small businesses. Celebrating its 30th year, CompuCom delights with individual experiences, drives workplace collaboration and productivity, and delivers operational performance and efficiency.
CompuCom enables our clients to focus on what matters most – their customers and their businesses. To do so, we employ a customer-centric, hard-working, and talented group of people. Join the team today by applying to our Desktop Support Technician role:
The Desktop Support Tech II provides day-to-day technical support to employees for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware. Performs general maintenance tasks and resolves less complex problems immediately, while more complex issues are identified to a higher level of support. Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network. Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment. Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel. Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades. May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects. May conduct training programs designed to educate an organization’s computer users about basic and specialized applications. May involve use of problem management databases and help desk system.
- Identifies system problems. Performs necessary system repairs.
- Determines the efficient utilization of resources.
- Escalates problems and issues to a higher level of support.
- Interfaces with other technicians, operations, and customers and makes decisions on operating procedures, analytical approaches, and configuration options.
- Investigates system problems and provides solutions using specific product knowledge, system utilities, and operating environment.
- Provides solutions using specific product knowledge, system utilities, and operating environment.
- Follows established process and procedures to plan, install, test, and implement computer system hardware or software technologies.
- Represents Compucom in a professional and businesslike manner and communicates effectively with customers and associates.
- Installs, tests, and repairs computer systems on customer site.
- Facilitates the change management resolution process both internally and with customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires 3-5 years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Employees working on client accounts must possess A+ certification.
Join the Leader In the Delivery of Technology Solutions
CompuCom has a clear vision and roadmap for the future of technology, and how it can help businesses achieve their goals.
- 2018 Leader, Gartner Magic Quadrant, Managed Workplace Services, North America.
- Recognized 15 straight years by Gartner.
- We manage millions of devices and IoT nodes, including 6.4 million devices, 2.4 million network devices, 449,000+ servers and 1 million+ mobile devices.
- We support 5.15 million users in North America and more than 8 million Service Desk contacts.
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member:
Sr. UX ResearcherAmazon.comJob Description<\/h2>Come join the Advertising Experience and Design team and help us craft innovative solutions for millions of customers across desktop, mobile,3 minute agoShareSeattle, WA
Product ManagerCapital OnePlano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, TexasAt Capital One, were building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and22 minute agoSharePlano, TX
Medical CoderAscensionMedical Coder - Mat Fetal Medicine Support - Full-Time,Day - Sacred Hrt Hosp Pensacola - Pensacola,FL Thank you for your interest in Northwest Floridas leading health47 minute agoSharePensacola, FL
Head of Website Testing & AnalyticsAmazon.comJob Description<\/h2>Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a talented, self-directed Principle Product Manager \u2013 Technical (PM-T) to lead customer experience1 hour agoShareSeattle, WA
Senior UX Designer, Search ExperienceAmazon.comJob Description<\/h2>At Amazon Search Experience we invent and simplify the shopping experience-daily. We obsess over customer behavior and data while delivering1 hour agoShareSeattle, WA