Supply Chain Buyer
Title Supply Chain Buyer
Requisition ID 2019-34695
Work Location US-SC-Greenville
Department / Discipline Procurement / Supply Chain
Position Type Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
This position is responsible for effectively and professionally conducting and coordinating the activities associated with purchasing materials and/or equipment. The incumbent has good working knowledge and understanding of procurement concepts, principles and practices, and the techniques of ensuring task completion, project delivery processes, and supplier relationship expectations. The incumbent understands the role of procurement and of this position in the project delivery process, understands the integration of procurement with other project functions, accomplishes value-added expectations, and performs assignments in accordance with established policies and procedures. The incumbent has a good working knowledge and understanding of the concepts, principles, theories, and compliance requirements applicable to the assigned group, subject area, or commodity.
- Coordinate the procurement of goods and administer assigned purchase orders to accomplish project or group objectives and obligations
- Purchasing assignments typically will consist of major purchases of materials and equipment.
- Prepare bidder lists, qualify bidders, prepare requests for quotation, and conduct bid evaluations.
- Recommend source selections, lead purchase order negotiations, and prepare and issue purchase orders.
- Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, recommendations, purchase orders, and change orders prior to execution.
- Utilize established policies, procedures, systems, and tools to assure maximum contribution.
- Evaluate facts surrounding purchase order-related problem areas, determine the most appropriate remedial actions, and implement such actions through available means.
- Administer assigned purchase orders, including change order processing, ensuring compliance with contractual terms and applicable regulations, invoice processing and verification, and performance evaluation; ensuring supplier compliance in a cost-effective, timely, and responsive manner.
- Identify and advise management of purchase order-related risks.
- Development of potential and qualified suppliers, including performance history.
- Maintain purchase order and purchasing process documentation.
- Preparation of proposal deliverables, such as pricing of materials.
- Assist Supply Chain Management in providing other support services as requested.
- Timeliness, accuracy, and adequacy of the purchasing activities.
- Fulfillment of the purchase order requirements.
- Effective management of change activity to protect the company from claims.
- Timeliness, accuracy, and adequacy of purchase order-related problem identification, status reporting, and corrective action.
- Effectiveness of relationships with suppliers, management, clients, and support organizations.
- Gain an understanding of business trends, industry issues and challenges, and supply market trends.
- Determine effective methods of delivering desired results.
- Assurance of the quality of tasks performed and outputs provided.
- Compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Reports to the appropriate Project Supply Chain Manager or other assigned Supply Chain Manager for performance of work and achieving objectives.
- Works under moderate to minimal supervision. No direct reports. Supervises the work of procurement support personnel who assist with the purchasing activities.
- Coordinates with project or departmental personnel in performance of the purchasing activities.
- Commits, spends and controls client and company dollars within limits established in company policies or procedures.
- Makes decisions within the scope of procedures and assures compliance with applicable Procurement policies and procedures.
Project Delivery Knowledge:
· Understands the project delivery processes as used for various contracting scopes (i.e. design, consulting, design-build, program management, construction management), and their relationship to procurement procedures.
- Understands overall corporate resources and capabilities.
- Has good communications and writing skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with suppliers, project teams, clients, and others to organize and motivate achievement.
- Uses personal computer in support of electronic mail, and standard Microsoft Office software.
· Familiar with the capabilities of a materials management system and understands how to use it effectively for the purchasing activities.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Business, Law, Engineering or other applicable field, with training in Purchasing preferred. Experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable.
- Minimum of 6 years of purchasing experience, including soliciting, negotiating, drafting, formulating, and administering purchase orders.
- None required. A.P.P., C.P.M., CPSM or CSM Certification from the Institute for Supply Management (or other international equivalent) is desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!
Supermarket shopper car requiredinstacartEarn money shopping and delivering groceries, giving customers more time to do what they love. * Be Independent Schedule work around your own life. * Have Fun Spend time56 second agoShareTownship of Pocono, PA
Shopper & driver groceries car requiredinstacartEarn money shopping and delivering groceries, giving customers more time to do what they love. * Be Independent Schedule work around your own life. * Have Fun Spend time1 minute agoShareTownship of Pocono, PA
Shop & deliver groceries car requiredinstacartEarn money shopping and delivering groceries, giving customers more time to do what they love. * Be Independent Schedule work around your own life. * Have Fun Spend time30 minute agoShareJasper, MO
Technical Services - Landscaping OpportunitiesUniversal Orlando ResortHere at Universal Orlando Resort™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are1 hour agoShareOrlando, FL
CheckerThe United FamilyChecker-01PFV The Checker is first and foremost responsible for guest relations and satisfaction. He/She will perform all checking and other front-end courtesy duties,1 hour agoShareWichita Falls, TX