Intellectual Property Clerk
- Attorneys and law students will not be considered for this position.
Sherman IP LLP is seeking an experienced, mature and dependable full-time Intellectual Property Clerk for immediate hire and placement. Extensive training will be provided to applicants who show aptitude to applying themselves toward intricate and detail oriented problems. The position is entry-level with a lot of opportunity for growth if the candidate demonstrates proficiency in performing all duties and tasks during the initial two to three month training period.
The Intellectual Property Clerk directly assists legal assistants and attorneys in the research, preparation, and organization of materials for filing patent and trademark applications with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) and filings with Courts. The work requires handling confidential information with discretion.Duties include, but are not limited to:
- performing daily clerical tasks, including:
- opening, processing, and scanning incoming mail,
- preparing outgoing mail (FedEx, UPS, USPS),
- creating and saving electronic documents,
- importing electronic documents into our electronic file management system,
- maintaining and updating client information and inventorship data in our electronic file management system,
- maintaining inventory of office equipment and supplies, and
- performing other administrative duties and projects as assigned;
- preparing legal documents directly related to patent prosecution under attorney supervision, including:
- preparing and filing initial and supplemental Information Disclosure Statements, and
- preparing and filing legal documents to establish Power of Attorney;
- reporting USPTO correspondence to clients;
- performing patent prosecution-related research, including:
- retrieving patent application status information from USPTO,
- searching and obtaining non-patent literature from the Internet, and
- retrieving foreign patent publications and search reports from the World Intellectual Property Organization database;
- performing proofreads of patent applications;
- preparing legal documents and coordination directly related to filings and discovery in litigation matters under attorney supervision;
- performing reception duties, including:
- greeting clients, vendors, and
- answering/transferring phone calls on a multi-line phone system.
Requirements:This position requires someone who:
- is intimately familiar with
- Microsoft Office Applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, and
- Adobe Acrobat;
- has Internet searching skills; and
- has the ability to maintain and report information in a highly-organized fashion.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will perform tasks that involve working with electronic legal files on multiple computer screens and will primarily correspond with staff/attorneys over a computer network. Since our Santa Monica office adopts and promotes an environmentally conscious attitude towards eliminating paper use, the ideal candidate must be comfortable with working on a computer network. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently, but within a team atmosphere. This individual must be smart, friendly, detail-oriented, thorough, organized, resourceful, reliable, professional, punctual, a proactive self-starter, and able to prioritize tasks and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. We offer a competitive benefits package including health benefits, 401(k) and pension and a positive learning environment.
Grocery - ClerkBristol Farms and Lazy Acres Natural MarketIf you need to create an email please visit https://www.google.com/gmail/about Grocery Clerk Duties & Responsibilities other duties may be assigned:Stocks shelves,29 minute agoShareSouth Pasadena, CA 91030
Material Management Clerk - Central SupplyKeck Medical Center of USCThis job description and criteria based job performance evaluation emphasizes the criteria expected in the performance of Distribution Clerk. The employee is evaluated4 hour agoShareLos Angeles, CA 90015
SILVER LAKE POOL & INN | FRONT DESK AGENTSilver Lake Pool & InnOPENING OCTOBER 2019 Paligroup is currently seeking an experienced Hotel Front Desk Agent for the NEW Silver Lake Pool & Inn location. WHO WILL LOVE THIS4 hour agoShareLos Angeles, CA 90029
Construction Executive AssistantOnni GroupJob Title: Executive Assistant/ Construction The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los4 hour agoShareLos Angeles County, CA
ReceptionistWindermere Property Management / Lori Gill & Assoc...$18 - $20 an hourAre you looking for a customer service career in a successful, growing firm where you can utilize your administrative and communication skills to provide support to5 hour agoShareBellevue, WA 98004 (Downtown area)