The Billing Cashier reports to the Billing Supervisor and is responsible for meeting or exceeding the requirements and duties required of the Billing Department. The Billing Cashier performs a variety of clerical tasks utilizing accounting principles for posting payments and contractual adjustments to patient accounts, researches and corrects all non-postable payments, balances daily deposit, prepares account documentation for files and processing, and processes refunds. The Billing Cashier is responsible for providing the best customer service to their customers at all times. The Billing Cashier will be responsible for making sure that all patients and staff are acknowledged, greeted, and treated in a manner that demonstrates the high level of caring, trust, and respect that is expected of all Livingston Community Health staff.
- The Billing Cashier will be held accountable for meeting all of the requirements of the job duties as listed in this job description.
- The Billing Cashier will be responsible for ensuring that they always perform their job duties accurately, correctly, and in a timely manner.
- The Billing Cashier will be responsible for carrying out and promoting for the successful implementation of any and all policies of the clinic and the administration.
- The Billing Cashier performs posting and balancing according to accounting procedures.
- The Billing Cashier researches and resolves non-postable payments by contacting insurance, patients, physicians, etc.
- The Billing Cashier uses knowledge and understanding of Explanation of Benefits (EOB) for application to contractuals.
- The Billing Cashier maintains EOB files.
- The Billing Cashier performs file maintenance.
- The Billing Cashier is responsible to assure that insurance payments are in the amount
- The Billing Cashier performs follow-up to Biller as necessary.
- The Billing Cashier answers account questions for patients and performs the necessary follow-up until resolved.
- The Billing Cashier is responsible to balance daily deposits.
- The Billing Cashier ensures compliance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) – Data Security Standards (DSS) and training, with regards to credit card transactions and cardholder information.
- The Billing Cashier will alert Billing Supervisor to problem areas.
- The Billing Cashier will participate in the education, training programs and staff meetings of the department.
- The Billing Cashier will perform all office duties according to department and LCH policies and procedures.
- The Billing Cashier performs research on the credit balance report and processes refunds.
- The Billing Cashier will assist in other areas of the department when needed.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have 5 to 10 years’ experience as a Billing Cashier or similar type work.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PMS.
- Must possess knowledge of up-to-date PPO, EOB, RA, M’Cal and M’Care policies and procedures.
- Must have a firm understanding of Medical Terminology.
- Must be able to handle money in a safe and accurate manner.
- Must know 10 key by touch.
- Must be familiar with ICD-10 & CPT Coding.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Must have good writing skills.
- Must be able to foster departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Must be able to quickly think and assess situations correctly.
- Must be able to provide training to staff as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 5 years (Required)
- Billing Cashier: 5 years (Required)
- Cash Handling: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Front End Cashier/Customer Service Team MemberWhole Foods Market USJob DescriptionProvides support as a member of the Front-End team to include assisting customers during the check-out process, performing all cash register functions,11 minute agoShareRedwood City, CA
Cashier AssociateBurlington StoresLOCATION 550 E Danenberg Drive 92243 Overview If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retail stores in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc.52 minute agoShareEl Centro, CA 92244
Full-Time Store AssociateALDI$12.35 an hourWe're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in1 hour agoShareHenrico County, VA
ADMISSIONS CLERKAppalachian Regional HealthcareOverview The Admissions Clerk is responsible for efficient and courteous registration, transfer, and discharge of patients. Responsibilities Serves as general2 hour agoShareHazard, KY
Full-Time Manager TraineeALDI$54,000 a yearWe're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in5 hour agoShareLawrenceville, GA 30045