Learning Specialist/Affective Needs-Elementary and Secondary
Special Education Positions/Special Education Generalist
To Be Determined
188 days a year, 5 days a week, 7.5 hours a day
ADAMS COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT 14
COMMERCE CITY, CO 80022
POSITION: Learning Specialist/Affective Needs
LOCATION: Elementary and Secondary:
- Perform at a professional level in all areas of teaching, instructional management, interpersonal relationships, professional responsibilities, and general responsibilities.
- Demonstrate the highest commitment to student achievement and student affective development
- Display a willingness to promote pride and be sensitive to the unique multi-cultural ethnic (primarily Hispanic) backgrounds of many of our students.
- Be an effective communicator with staff, students, parents, and the community at large in support of educational programs.
- Be of the highest integrity with strong desire to model commitment to students, professional ideals and above all, ethical standards in pursuit of education excellence.
- Demonstrate ability to plan for instruction by organizing curriculum for students with disabilities and setting learning outcomes, with maximum sensitivity for student learning potential.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess or qualify for Colorado teaching certificate in Special Education
- Experience with Affective Needs highly recommended
- Must be skilled in current practices to evaluate, diagnose, and prescribe appropriate learning activities for students with disabilities.
- Must have well-developed creative problem solving skills to provide strategies for student success, with an emphasis on affective needs as well as cognitive needs.
- Must be trained in or willing to be trained in a method of crisis management and assume a crisis team leadership role.
- Must have sophisticated skills in developing and implementing individual education plans (I.E.P.'s).
- Must have knowledge of and/or experience in an inclusive practice model of special education.
- Must be willing to collaborate with general education teachers on a
- Desire candidate to have training in a method of mastery learning Outcome Based Education.
SALARY: Per Teacher Salary Schedule. ACSD #14 is a Direct Deposit Employer.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until filled
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's Application for Licensed Employment. Apply online at www.acsd14.k12.co.us. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams County School District 14 is an urban/suburban school district with students representing all cultures/ethnic groups. Enrollment is approximately 6,500 students. The district employs about 950 teachers, administrators, and support personnel. District 14 has some of the finest schools and programs in Colorado, many of which are nationally recognized and serve as models for other school districts.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
"REACHING THE STARS, TOUCHING THE FUTURE"
ES-40-M ACSD 14 IS AN EEO EMPLOYER
WOMEN AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Adams County School District 14 is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504 and the Americans With Disabilities Act may be referred to the Executive Director of Human resources, 4720 East 69th Avenue, Commerce City, Colorado 80022 (303) 853-3203 or to the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, suite 310, Denver, Colorado 80204, (303) 844-2991.
Part Time Nabisco Merchandiser - Ludington/Manistee, MI - Hourly compensation starting range: $12 - $15, subject to relevant experience.Mondelez InternationalJob Description - Part Time Nabisco Merchandiser - Ludington/Manistee, MI - Hourly compensation starting range: $12 - $15, subject to relevant experience. (1905826)2 minute agoShareMuskegon, MI
Global Program Safety LeadNovartis Pharmaceuticals268465BR Global Program Safety Lead Job Description 817 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2018. And while we’re proud of that, in2 minute agoShareEast Hanover, NJ
Medical Director - LungNovartis Pharmaceuticals268480BR Medical Director - Lung Job Description 817 million, that’s how many lives our products touched in 2018. While we’re proud of that fact, in this2 minute agoShareEast Hanover, NJ
Sales Floor Dept SupervisorLowe'sSales Floor Dept Supervisor Job Description Position Summary The Sales Floor Dept Supervisor is primarily responsible for leading and enabling a team of associates to2 minute agoShareCarnegie, PA
Sales Operations AnalystVerizonWhat you’ll be doing... The Verizon Voice of Employee team is responsible for gathering, reporting on, and actioning feedback from our frontline employees2 minute agoShareMorristown, NJ