Project engineer - rail and transit
The project engineer manages specific design contracts and coordinates the program’s technical services needed. You'll lead type studies and develops scope, budgets and schedule for procurement of new design contracts. Work with the client, designers and contractors to resolve critical technical issues. Communicate the technical needs of the client, facilitate design reviews and collaboration between stakeholders.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Manage design efforts for program contracts.
- Assist in design coordination efforts with the client and the technical team.
- Progress and update the design management action list.
- Review project related reports and other project related work products.
- Respond to special tasks assigned by the client
- Interface with other program teams, project controls, construction management & project management.
- Supervise and assign tasks to the office engineer assigned to the projects.
- Meet with the designers regularly to assess design delivery progress and facilitate design reviews.
- Meet with the designers to identify, track, and facilitate the resolution of technical issues. Minute the meetings and track actions and open items.
- Evaluate design direction affecting scope and schedule and work with the client to determine the impact of any potential changes to be incorporated into a contract. Develop scope for the designers or review/negotiate scope prepared by the designers.
- Track design progress compared to planned budget, coordinate with project controls for cost/schedule tracking, review monthly invoices and assist with monthly program reports.
- Input to risk register and manage risk resolution where possible.
- Prepare monthly progress reports for all projects.
- Support the client during the procurement process including coordination and management of bidder questions.
- During construction, continue to support the program team by managing the technical staff needed to support construction activities.
- Facilitate technical input and resolution to submittal reviews when a technical disagreement arises between client and the designer.
We invite applications from candidates with the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering required. A master's degree and/or experience or specialization in transportation is beneficial.
- 6-8 Years’ experience in transportation engineering or a related field; experience in light rail transit is desirable.
- EIT required, eligible to be a professional engineer (PE) in Massachusetts. A PE is not required but is highly desirable.
- Ability to travel to client’s offices and job sites.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS and/or AutoCAD is beneficial.
- High proficiency with standard Office software and the capability to utilize Project management information systems
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently; possess effective time management and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to think critically, has attention to detail and is a skilled communicator.
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We’re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Contract Type (published)
Regular (US only)
Rail and transit
Full time (fixed hours)
Project managerkelly servicesOur client, a top Managed Care firm, is currently seeking an (non-IT) Project Manager for a contract to hire opportunity. The position is located in St. Louis MO. By6 minute agoShareSaint Louis, MI
Machine learning engineerhiredLet companies apply to you, not the other way around. Sign up with Hired to get access to thousands of companies currently hiring machine learning engineers.Want to work8 minute agoShareSouthborough, MA
Physician - site medical directorhorizon health, inc.Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health $50,000 Sign On Bonus We have an exceptional opportunity for a Medical Director to join our healthcare team at the8 minute agoShareTownship of Cuivre, MO
Medication technicianhorizon health, inc.Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health At Corizon Health, we share a common bond to deliver extraordinary care and client service. We take pride in13 minute agoShareTopeka, KS
Certified wound specialisthorizon health, inc.JOB SUMMARY Delivers quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Registered Nurses. In accordance13 minute agoShareCumberland, MD