Sr. Director, Channel Sales Strategy
Position SummaryResponsible for leading Channel Management Team and supporting field sales and customer development projects. Manage cross-functional business development teams to ensure successful customer engagement and achievement of category growth objectives. Responsibilities include development of category and channel growth strategies, pricing architecture, cross channel product planning, forecasting and promotional planning. Role requires the establishment of effective working relationships with SEA account teams, HQ Product Teams, Marketing, Field Sales, and Finance to drive sustainable growth initiatives. Identify and develop new business opportunities and breakthrough growth for North American market. The primary function is to help drive demand for sales teams.
Role and Responsibilities
Common Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads and develops members of the Channel Team.
- Provides strategic direction for the Channel Management function.
- Oversees product planning, forecasting, and cross channel strategies and initiatives.
- Reports key activities regarding sales, competitive position and customer issues.
- Develops positive working relationships at various levels of the customer organization and provides excellent customer service.
- Takes proactive initiative to improve customer satisfaction. Identifies new channels/sales opportunities and openly shares business development information and opportunities with account team members.
- Responsible for solving complex technical problems and responds to requests from internal and external customers.
- Makes decisions within guidelines and policies, and is accountable for the contributions of the Channel Team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree with 15+ years of B2B2C Sales and with direct Customer Management experience.
- + 7 Years Managerial (Team Leadership) Experience
- In depth knowledge of consumer electronics and/or wireless.
- Experienced in sales operations, sales performance analytics, and executive level customer engagement.
- Strong financial acumen, and P&L Management a plus
- Experienced in leading indirect cross functional resources in a matrix organization.
- Experienced reading, analyzing, and presenting technical product materials.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, and extensive experience in development and delivery of presentation materials.
Necessary Skills /Attributes
- Ability to interact at all levels
- The ability to negotiate in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer leadership and vendors with opposing views to accept/approve programs and proposals.
- The ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize multiple sales, project and performance objectives.
- Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing
- The ability to develop sales and business plans with clearly define metrics to be achieved
- Ability to make decisions, to give direction, and to measure individual/team performance.
- Ability to work in a team environment, working against individual and shared objectives
- The ability to accept tasks and work to resolve problems, when only broad and general guidelines exist.
- Ability to negotiate on behalf of function to come to agreement by managing communications through discussions and compromise.
Physical /Mental Demands & Conditions
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between 50% - 95% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable (90%+) work utilizing high visual acuity/detail, numeric/character distinction, and moderate hand/finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenge, some language barriers, and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include printers, copiers, faxes, and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
Collections SpecialistRobert Half USSalary: $14 - 16/hr Location: Joliet, IL Date Posted: April 24, 2019 Employment Type: Temporary Job Reference: 01370-9501910586 Staffing Area: Temporary17 minute agoShareTownship of Joliet, IL
Medical ReceptionistRobert Half USSalary: $11.88 - 13.75/hr Location: Tinton Falls, NJ Date Posted: April 24, 2019 Employment Type: Temporary Job Reference: 02761-0010956602 Staffing Area:17 minute agoShareTinton Falls, NJ
Implementation Manager, National Accounts - Telecommute (822805)OptumRx OperationsImplementation Manager, National Accounts - Telecommute (822805) Apply Job Saved Save Job Position Description Great sales are the result of strong purpose,26 minute agoShareEden Prairie, MN
Senior Product Director - Telecommute (821766)Population Health SolutionsSenior Product Director - Telecommute (821766) Apply Job Saved Save Job Position Description Our Product Development and Management groups are vital to our success26 minute agoShareEden Prairie, MN
Accounts Payable Lead/SupervisorRobert Half USSalary: $29.69 - 34.38/hr Location: Houston, TX Date Posted: April 24, 2019 Employment Type: Temporary Job Reference: 04130-0010955346 Staffing Area: Temporary45 minute agoShareHouston, TX