2ns Shift Warehouse Picker/Packer
At Asher's Chocolates, we understand that one of life's sweetest pleasures is a simple box of chocolates. A family-owned-and-operated business, we've been making our fine chocolates and other classic confections for over four generations. Asher's Chocolates offers an award-winning selection of chocolates and other sweets-from assorted pralines to our Chocolate-Smothered Pretzels and creamy fudge. We also have one of the largest (and most delicious) lines of sugar-free chocolates in the country. Our original family recipes began with Chester A. Asher, a Scottish farm boy from Canada, with a passion for chocolates and a knack for getting to the heart of a sugar craving. Always on the hunt for new ways to delight his customers, he was ever perfecting his creations, jotting new recipes down on bags of sugar. Today, we use the freshest, purest ingredients, just as Chester did. Though our company has expanded over the years, we continue to treat our customers and employees like family.
Asher's makes the safety of our Associates our top priority. Safety is everyone's responsibility and it starts with each Associate at every level of the company.
We follow strict manufacturing practices to ensure that we have a quality product. Makeup, nail-polish/artificial nails, highly scented products, clothing contain objects, and jewelry are not permitted on the production floor. Asher's provides safety equipment to make sure that our product is of the highest quality. Appropriate footwear for the specific production area must be wore at all times.
The process of making candy can be challenging. Many factors go into creating our products. The work environment can be hot, cold, noisy, and/or very fast paced. You will regularly work on your feet for long periods of time, have repetitive motions with hands, elbows, shoulders, arms and legs, perform lifting of up to 35 pounds, and be asked to comprehend instructions (written and verbal) in English.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Category Warehouse Operations
Prepares product shipments for pick-up and delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use UPS or other shipping systems to deliver product to customers.
- Shrink-wrap the product if required by instructions.
- Stretch-wrap the pallet loads for carriers.
- Use bar code scanning equipment for completion of packing operation.
- Load/Unload trucks as required.
- Must be capable of meeting established department standards for picking and packing orders.
- Will use printed and verbal instructions to properly pick and pack the product for delivery to customers, taking note to special instructions for unique customer requirement.
- Preparing shipments for pick up by common or parcel carrier, or Asher's truck.
- Pick products from warehouse as specified by customer orders.
- Operate shrink-wrap
- Operate the stretch-wrap machine, stretch-wrapping the pallet loads
- Operate hydraulic and powered pallet jacks in assistance to preparing the pallets for shipment.
- Operate the bar code scanning equipment to complete the packing operation.
- Performance and Accountability:
- Responsible to Department Manager
- Timeliness and quality of work
- Work in a safe and efficient manner
- Responsible to Warehouse policies and procedures.
Ability to read, write, and comprehend in English.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
1-3 years related experience and /or training. Equivalent combination or education and experience
Knowledge and Skills:
Previous experience in a warehouse is helpful, but not required.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job the employee must be willing to stand and walk over an eight (8) hour shift. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with or without material handling equipment.
- Ability to consistently lift, stack, push or pull boxes weighing up to 50 lbs. to a height of 5 feet, and pulling a pallet load of up to 770 lbs. The operator must be able to continuously walk and stand and to with stand working in a warehouse with a temperature of 60 degrees - 70 degrees F.
This job description is intended to convey essential information to understand the scope of the job, the general nature, and level of work performed by job holders. This job description isn't an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions, which may be changed from time to time based upon business needs.
Location Ashers Chocolates Co. -Souderton
Position Warehouse Picker/Packer
Shift Various Shifts
Created By Samantha Schreiber
This position is currently accepting applications.
CaregiverCaring Senior Service of Lakewood$18.50 - $20.00 an hourWe are looking for hard working and dedicated caregivers to join our team! At Caring Senior Service of Lakewood, we know that it’s the method in which service is2 second agoShareDenver, CO 80215
Laundry AttendantComfort Inn McAlesterEstimated $21.3K - $26.9K a yearHighgate Hotels: Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the2 hour agoShareMcAlester, OK 74501
Sales Associate / CashierMaplefields & R.L. Vallee, Inc.Job: Sales Associate / Cashier Job Type: Full Time/Part Time $13-$14 Benefits for full time team members include Paid sick/personal time, paid2 hour agoShareShoreham, VT 05770
Cox Retail Sales Representative (2022-3431)Cox Enterprises, Inc.Overview: The Retail Sales Representative is an ambassador of the Cox brand and will be the primary point of contact for both new and existing customers. Working3 hour agoShareMoore, OK+20 locations
Overnight Shift ManagerCoborn's IncAt Coborn's, Inc. we go all out to “Be Remarkable”. Our culture celebrates employee ideas and encourages creative innovations. We're growing, learning,3 hour agoShareLong Prairie, MN 56347+1 location