AML and Regulatory Legal
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Klarna Inc. (“Klarna”) is looking for a new team member to further strengthen our AML and Regulatory Legal team in Columbus, Ohio or in New York, NY.
Klarna is a FinTech e-commerce company which strives to become the world’s favourite way to shop . We are looking to hire exceptional people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success.
Our Legal team is no exception. We are constantly looking to grow our Global Legal Domain to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need for legal innovation in all parts of the business, covering commercial, consumer, corporate, regulatory and privacy law. This is an opportunity to join a team of award winning lawyers and rising stars acknowledged in prominent forums such as Legal 500 and Chambers GC Influencer.
J.D. plus bar membership and relevant AML and Regulatory working experience within the financial sector or at a law firm. And most importantly; you should be passionate about this field of law and about applying your knowledge and skills to enable your clients to become successful.
Experience within the FinTech or startup sector is also considered qualifying.
You will be supporting Klarna’s business and products and working integrated with a fast moving international legal team so it is important to have the ability to prioritize and be comfortable working independently as well as part of a team. You should have integrity and excellent communication skills. Further, a successful candidate will be ambitious and action oriented.Your responsibilities will include:
- Being the lead AML and Regulatory counsel in the US.
- Providing best in class business oriented legal advice, primarily within financial regulation and AML/CTF/Sanctions.
- Supporting relevant teams, such as product development, within Klarna in their day to day business.
- Taking part in development projects for new products and services at the forefront of disruptive payments in the US and beyond.
- Creating guidelines, policies and instructions within the regulatory and AML/CTF field.
- Monitoring, interpreting and implementing new and modified legislation, regulation and industry guidance.
- Preparing and providing training within financial regulation and AML/CTF to colleagues.
- Supporting regulatory matters, and external and internal AML and MLRO reporting (e.g. to relevant regulators and the board).
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive. You should be passionate about your job and thrive in a fast paced international working environment.
- You will play an essential role in taking Klarna to the next level. Thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
- Previous successful experience as a lawyer, preferably from a well renowned law firm, the financial sector, telecom or the IT industry.
- A natural business and problem-solving mindset which enables you to drive change by using innovative solutions.
- Solid interest in the disruptive payment industry and a willingness to learn rather than focus on a specific area of law.
- You view challenges as opportunities to apply and develop your skills rather than obstacles.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Excellent people skills and you are a true star when it comes to stakeholder management
- The capability of prioritizing conflicting demands and handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
As an employee at one of the fastest growing companies in online payments and e-commerce world wide, you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level. If this sounds as exciting to you as it does to us, we look forward to hearing from you.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.
Remote Healthcare RecruiterStaff Care 24 7 LlcJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Objectives of this Role Work closely with managers to gain a comprehensive understanding of the company’s1 hour agoShareSavannah, GA 31410
Cashier Team Member (Front End Service) - Full TimeWhole Foods MarketJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Provides support as a member of the Front-End team to include assisting customers during the check-out process,4 hour agoShareRockville, MD 20852
Puchaser NPRMarelDo you have a solid procurement track record and does it come naturally to you to build strong and valuable relationships to internal as well as external stakeholders?4 hour agoShareGainesville, GA
Office CoordinatorCoca-Cola Bottling Company ConsolidatedRequisition ID: 35973 Posting Locations: Roanoke Click here to view a Day in the Life of our Teammates! Our Secret Ingredient is our Teammates. We offer great4 hour agoShareRoanoke, VA 24016
Grocery StockerBrookshire Grocery CompanyBrookshire Grocery Company (BGC) is a family business based in Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than 180 stores in three states – Texas, Louisiana and4 hour agoSharePine Bluff, AR 71601