Administrative Assistant to Officer (Probation/Pretrial)
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history by email. Any packets with missing items will not be reviewed. For more information on where to submit your application, please visit our website at: www.cacp.uscourts.gov.
The United States Probation and Pretrial Services Office, Central District of California is currently seeking an exceptional individual for our Administrative Assistant to the Probation and Pretrial Services Officer position. This position will assist probation and pretrial services officers in case preparation and management of defendants and offenders.
- Assist in compiling criminal histories/profiles, running record checks through local and national databases and files, conducting inquiries with collateral agencies and community service agencies, collect verifiable and supportable documentation (i.e. MSRs), and performing similar activities.
- Enter data and information into the agency’s computerized database system (i.e. Chronological Record, CLETS, PACTSECM). Forwards delinquency letters to defendants/offenders when necessary.
- Maintains defendant/offender list for each officer, updating monthly to ensure accuracy of officers’ caseload and track case plans, expirations and other necessary record checks.
- Prepare and process forms and documents, ensuring consistency and accuracy among court-supplied documents, officer reports, and related paperwork.
- Contact various local, state, and national law enforcement and regulatory agencies to collect and record information to assist with investigations.
- Prepare and update case files and reports investigation and supervision, at the direction of an officer and in accordance with established policies and practices. Format, type, and edits reports or court letters prepared by officers.
- Prepare forms and letters at the direction of the officers and/or supervisor.
- Maintain paper and computerized records of urinalysis test results and inform officer of results.
- Where applicable, may assist office or officers with non-English speaking defendants/offenders, family members, and witnesses in translating, including translating documents and correspondence.
- Fingerprints defendants/offenders as directed by the officers for posting of FBI Flash Notice.
- Monitors release dates of BOP inmate cases.
- Verifies financial balances for restitution or fines through contact with District Court Clerk’s office or other districts.
- Conducts Accurint financial investigations and request credit check investigations.
- Enters, analyzes, maintains, and produces accurate data in various automated and manual systems.
- Perform general office duties such as, but not limited to, general reception and clerical duties.
- Complete a mandatory 20 hours annually of work-related training.
- Perform other representative duties as assigned.
Must be a United States citizen or eligible to work in the United States. Applicants must be a high school graduate or equivalent. Two year college degree or equivalent strongly preferred. Minimum of one year of administrative experience. Must have exceptional organization skills with attention to detail. Must be able to take initiative and work independently. Strong writing, analytical and decision-making skills. Strong interpersonal skills in communicating with various internal and external individuals, and establishing and maintaining good relationships with outside contacts. Strong knowledge and skills in use of personal computers and software applications to prepare reports and correspondence. Thorough knowledge of office procedures, practices, processes and telephone etiquette. Excellent knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and editing. Ability to organize work in conjunction with interruptions and distractions to meet recurring deadlines, and maintain tracking systems related to cases. Experience with the criminal justice system and/or bilingual in Spanish or other pertinent language is a plus.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
The U.S. Probation and Pretrial Services Office requires employees to adhere to a Code of Conduct. The final candidate will be subject to a background investigation by law enforcement agencies. The Federal Financial Reform Act requires direct deposit of federal wages for employees. Due to the volume of applications received, we will only be able to respond to those individuals who will be considered for the position.
As a federal employee, you will have a wide variety of medical plans from which to choose. Options for dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, long-term care insurance and flexible spending accounts. Participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System-Further Revised Annuity Employee (FERS-FRAE). Up to 5% matching on retirement savings (401k equivalent). Generous accrual of paid time off.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,332.00 to $68,836.00 /year
- legal administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Santa Ana, CA (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
Executive AssistantMunich Re America ServicesEstimated $99.5K - $126K a yearFull-timeExecutive Assistant Location Princeton , United States Your job This role is open to Princeton, NJ or Philadelphia, PA.We’re adding to our diverse18 minute agoSharePrinceton, NJ 08540
Western Montana Forestry and Stewardship AssistantThe Nature Conservancy$45,100 - $46,800 a yearFull-timeOFFICE LOCATION Missoula, Montana, USA WHO WE ARE The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters18 minute agoShareMissoula, MT 59802 (Heart of Missoula area)
SR MGR IMPLEMENTATION - Work from HomeLumen$100,440 - $223,680 a yearAbout Lumen Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving29 minute agoShare+8 locationsRemote
Assistant Administrator for Large RCFE (Long Beach, CA)TruCare Community$62,000 - $70,000 a yearWeekend availability +1Assistant Administrator for Chateau of Long Beach! Chateau of Long Beach is an assisted living facility for the elderly (ages 59+) located in Long30 minute agoShareLong Beach, CA 90805+2 locations
Administrative Assistant and OnboardingSt. Mary's Medical Center$17.59 - $30.24 an hourFull-timeYou. You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as an Administrative Assistant / Onboarding Coordinator. You know how to move fast. You know how to stay30 minute agoShareGrand Junction, CO 81501