Job details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description
Pixelberry Studios is a top mobile games developer, creating fun and engaging games with heart for over nine years. We’re a division of Nexon, one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the App Store's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our market-leading, award-winning mobile game, Choices: Stories You Play, broke into the Top 5 in the App Store. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first!
We've seen firsthand the positive impact that games can make. Because of that, we leverage our commercial success to make a real difference: we have partnered with numerous non-profits, saved actual lives with our games, and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to charities. Players love our games’ focus on racial, gender, sexual, and identity diversity while holding us accountable when they expect more.
Some of us at Pixelberry have worked together for over 10 years through multiple companies. As a result, we strive to create long-term relationships that help sustain our success. We continue to add new individuals who aren’t just searching for another stepping stone but a place to put down roots and actively make a difference. We love what we do and are looking for passionate, like-minded people who want to grow, learn, and make a difference together.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Pixelberry Studios is looking for a passionate, eclectic, knowledgeable Backend Engineer to help us develop our future. You’ll be writing and maintaining features alongside the rest of the engineering team, as well as communicating with other departments when necessary. It’s a unique opportunity to own a big part of the stack in a team that is building a new platform from the ground up using the latest technologies.
You should have experience as a backend engineer, ideally within the mobile gaming industry.
Developing in a serverless environment with experience in micro services architecture is also a big plus
Our headquarters is in Mountain View, CA but we can accommodate a remote work environment for a candidate from the following states: CA, OR, WA, and NV.
Currently, all Pixelberry staff are working remotely. Hybrid work model (1 day/week in-office) will be in place once we resume on-site operations, currently scheduled for January 2022. 100% remote option will be available/reviewed on a case-by-case basis only.
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from design to release
- Design, code, unit test, and maintain codebases that work at scale for large communities
- Enjoy collaborating with others to deliver high quality team results
- Happy to use the code review process to communicate and mentor oneself and others
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent work experience
- Skilled in multiple languages (JS, TS, Java)
- Solid foundational development skills / concepts (OOP, TDD, SOLID, GOF, data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- 3+ years demonstrable experience in server technologies (Node.js, Java, etc.)
- Cloud infrastructure experience (AWS, GCP)
- Experienced with AWS, specifically servelss
- Solid understanding of micro services concept and methodologies
- Demonstrable experience in front end technologies (React, TS, CSS, etc.)
- Experience working as part of a lean, agile engineering team
- Git Proficiency
- A passion for games, and an understanding of how they work
- Good communication skills
- Experience in using Docker
- Experience in using GitLab
- CI / CD
- Unity 3D
- Open Source Contributor
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- High level of autonomy and freedom
- Rich & flexible health, disability, and employee assistance offerings to meet the needs of a diverse workforce
- 401(K) with matching program
- Paid Year-End Break
- Relaxed office environment with free food and snacks and WFH Tuesdays and Thursdays (pre-COVID)
- Virtual escape rooms, video game nights, trivia parties, and other team-building activities throughout the year!
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and take a long-term view on individual and team success
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world.
Pixelberry values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black/BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Pixelberry Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
This is a remote position.
Machine Learning EngineerNN TechUp to $100 an hourJob details Salary Up to $100 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role On-going need to fill this role Qualifications Python: 5 years5 hour agoShareRemote
Engineer AerodynamicsGE Gas PowerJob Description Summary The individual will be responsible for the aerodynamic design and analysis of flowpath components, including flowpath layout, stationary and6 hour agoShareGreenville, SC 29615
Part Manufacturing Estimator and Fulfillment CoordinatorSYNCFAB$1,500 - $2,500 a monthJob details Salary $1,500 - $2,500 a month Job Type Full-time Part-time Contract Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Bachelor's20 hour agoShareRemote
Junior Software Engineer using .NET and Angular 9+CUE Audio$53,956 - $57,900 a yearJob details Salary $53,956 - $57,900 a year Job Type Full-time Contract Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications English (Required) Bachelor's20 hour agoShareDenver, CO
Customer Support Engineer - AccountingVeruna, Inc.$65,000 - $80,000 a yearJob details Salary $65,000 - $80,000 a year Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Bachelor's (Preferred) Help desk: 1 year20 hour agoShareRemote