Job details Salary $16.25 - $18.57 an hour Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Job Brief
Now hiring for a full time position (37.5 hours /wk). Will likely include opens, mids & closing shifts, flexibility preferred.
In accordance with New Seasons Market COVID-19 policy, full COVID-19 vaccination is required as condition of employment in Oregon & Washington; medical, disability-related and religious exemptions may apply.
Position Title: Bakery Clerk
Supervisory Responsibility: Not responsible for supervising others.
Reports To: Bakery Manager
Region: Oregon/SW Washington
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Position Description: Prepares coffee beverages and pastry products. Stocks, packages, labels and slices bread and bakery products. Provides exceptional customer service and contributes to a positive and collaborative team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to a positive and supportive work environment.
- Demonstrates an adaptable and flexible work style, shifting tasks as priorities and circumstances change.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and manage own time. Adjusts priorities, productivity, efficiency and speed based on needs and conditions of department.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as cooperatively within a team.
- Gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner. Responds to feedback in order to improve performance.
- Understands and follows through on verbal and written directions.
- Speaks up. Shares ideas and feedback that contributes to success of store and company.
- Conserves company resources. Works in a manner consistent with company Vision, Mission and Values and sustainability program.
- Observes all company rules and policies.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Engages the customer in a friendly manner, shares product information and assists in locating product throughout the store. Seeks opportunities to exceed customer expectations and enhance the customer experience.
- Adapts service based on customer needs, handles difficult customer situations and seeks solutions to delight the customer.
Position Specific Functions
- Prepares Bakery department for store opening and closing.
- Assists customers with product selection. Shares product knowledge with customers. Makes recommendations and suggestions based on customer needs.
- Prepares coffee and other beverages to customer and vendor specifications.
- Prepares, wraps, weighs, tares, prices and presents Bakery department products.
- Builds displays and arranges department products to make attractive presentations, highlighting featured/unique/seasonal items.
- Stocks, rotates and faces products with attention to product quality and expiration dates.
- Handles damaged and spoiled product according to company policy.
- Receives and unloads merchandise; checks quality, count and condition. Communicates any issues to management and merchandising team.
- Maintains cleanliness, organization and rotation of all areas, products and supplies.
- Maintains accurate pricing and signage that meet merchandising standards.
- Completes customer special orders thoroughly and provides follow-through as needed.
- Understands and complies with specific shift guidelines, tasks and responsibilities.
- May participate in inventories and ordering.
- Maintains awareness of current ads, promotions, holidays and events.
- Demonstrates familiarity with products in department, with ability to continue learning.
- Notifies department manager or Manager On Duty of any situations relating to customer service, safety, productivity, security or any other situation that may have an adverse effect on the store.
Required Permits and Licenses: Food Handler’s card
Facilities, Sanitation, Work Safety and Food Safety
- Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the company and regulatory agencies.
- Performs janitorial tasks in compliance with sanitation standards established by store policy and state and local health departments. Contributes to store cleanliness.
- Maintains equipment, informs store/department management of any problems.
- Reports all safety concerns and work related injuries to management.
- Frequent handwashing is required.
Tools and Equipment Used
This position may be required to use the following tools and equipment: mixer, robot coupe, dividers, bread slicer, cart, juicer, coffee brewer, scale, baler, espresso machine, hand truck, pallet jack, oven, taps, kegs, proofer/retarder, office equipment
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Friendly and customer service oriented, with an interest in food and cooking.
- Previous customer service, food service, retail or grocery experience preferred.
- Barista experience preferred.
- Basic math and computation skills required.
- Skills to work independently, effectively manage own time and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Skills to adapt to the shifting priorities and needs of a retail environment.
- Skills to exercise good judgment at all times.
- Self-motivated, with high attention to detail, quality and presentation.
- Skills to collaborate and communicate effectively and professionally in a team environment and one on one with coworkers, supervisors and customers.
- Skills to manage difficult customer interactions preferred.
- Skills to read, understand and follow through on verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule in order to meet needs of the department.
- Ability to reliably meet required work schedule and adhere to company attendance policy.
- Medium work level
- Continuously required to be on feet with a mix of standing and walking throughout shift. Sitting seldom required.
- Continuously required to: use arms, hands and wrists; grasping/squeezing
- Frequently required to: lift and carry 1-20 pounds; twist; reach at/above shoulder; reach below shoulder
- Occasionally required to: lift and carry 21-50 pounds; push and/or pull 1-40 pounds
- Seldom required to: bend/stoop; crouch/squat
- Frequency of climbing stairs and ladders dependent on location
- Work occurs in a grocery store environment which includes surfaces that can be wet and slippery, moderate noise level, and temperature extremes in controlled environments in the cooler, freezer, and bakery.
- There may be exposure to dust, mold, gluten, fragrances and other fumes and airborne particles, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants, and flowers.
- Work requires use of and working in proximity to common commercial cleaning agents.
- This position works on or around moving machinery or moving parts; may include vibration
Important Notice: The job duties, responsibilities, requirements and conditions, physical requirements and work environment listed in this job description are examples of the tasks that a staff member may be required to perform and may vary slightly based on location. New Seasons Market reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require staff members to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business change.Hiring Insights Job activity
Posted Just posted
Overnight Shift ManagerCoborn's IncAt Coborn's, Inc. we go all out to “Be Remarkable”. Our culture celebrates employee ideas and encourages creative innovations. We're growing, learning,3 hour agoShareLong Prairie, MN 56347+1 location
Bakery Clerk ICoborn's IncAt Coborn's, Inc. we go all out to “Be Remarkable”. Our culture celebrates employee ideas and encourages creative innovations. We're growing, learning,3 hour agoSharePrinceton, MN 55371+18 locations
CashierCoborn's IncAt Coborn's, Inc. we go all out to “Be Remarkable”. Our culture celebrates employee ideas and encourages creative innovations. We're growing, learning,6 hour agoShareLong Prairie, MN 56347+26 locations
Multi-Purpose Clerk - Grocery (Night Crew)The Save Mart CompaniesMulti-Purpose Clerk - Grocery (Night Crew) - 1355 Shaw Avenue, Clovis, CA 93612 The Multi-Purpose Clerk may be assigned to one of several departments within the10 hour agoShareClovis, CA 93612100+ locations
Data Entry ClerkNursa$17.50 an hour$17.50 per hour | Remote | Temp-hire | Hourly | Start immediately Data Entry Clerks are responsible for making sure any clinicians that are on our app stay compliant10 hour agoShareRemote