Brand Designer (various levels)
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Klarna’s freshly launched Brand Studio team in New York is looking for talented junior designers and a design lead who want to deliver visually ground-breaking work that defies the expectations of how a fin-tech company should look and behave.
Who you are
Brand Designers at Klarna are the driving force behind the strategy, conception and design of beautiful and meaningful ideas and their implementation. Bringing exceptional creative thought and well-crafted execution, Brand Designers shape innovative brand experiences that tap into pop culture. No two projects are ever the same and we throw in a load of fun whilst doing it.What you will do (Designer)
- Take responsibility for the quality and execution of design throughout all phases of a project across a broad range of digital and sometimes physical touch points.
- Work with different teams in delivering a coherent tonality in our different communication channels according to our design guidelines, such as US marketing team and App growth team.
- Create adaptations of campaigns or ideate on digital marketing material for Performance marketing, SoMe, newsletters, digital advertising, website, in-app and other external or internal media.
- Design physical marketing material for in-store and experiential activations for both B2B and B2C.
- Facilitate feedback with a positive attitude from different teams while ensuring relevant feedback is captured, properly validated, and implemented.
- Set the visual direction for key B2B and B2C projects and lead them into original and unexpected creative solutions, collaborating with agencies, the US Marketing team, Brand Ideas lead and HQ stakeholders.
- Conceptualize innovative ideas for digital campaigns and visual assets then pitch them to stakeholders in an engaging and convincing manner.
- Direct agencies, junior designers, video makers, 3d-artists, photographers and illustrators to deliver unique and on brand experiences using creative or production briefs.
- Manage and coach junior designers.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in the field.
- Collaboration skills. Our designers have the opportunity to work with experts in various fields and are expected to bring ideas to the table.
- Articulation skills. You present concepts and solutions clearly and effectively to internal stakeholders.
- A strong interest in how design affects user experience.
- A passion for what’s next. Our designers have their eyes forward, bringing innovative techniques to how we communicate with audiences.
- A hunger for creating bold visual design and a portfolio to prove it.
- A can-do attitude. You get things done, fast. Experience in crafting beautiful presentation decks.
- Can use Google Slides and keynote to tell a great visual story.
- 5+ years of proven design experience that demonstrates exceptional creativity and attention to detail.
- Experience working with retail design, physical activations, photographers and set-designers to create emotional visual stories with clear purpose.
- A taste for getting your hands dirty while translating high level strategy into well crafted execution.
- The ability to bring new ways of thinking and working to the table.
- The skills to think of design on mobile and in motion. You can prototype simpler animations and interactions to bring ideas to life.
- Experience in mentoring and managing junior designers.
We offer you a working environment filled with talented, creative and intelligent colleagues. As part of the Brand Studio team in New York, you will be working alongside local marketeers, project managers and copywriters but also with designers, copywriters, marketeers and engineers in our HQ in Stockholm, Sweden.
As an employee at one of the fastest growing fin-tech and e-commerce companies worldwide, you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level in the US. If this sounds as exciting to you as it does to us, we look forward to hearing from you.
How to apply
Please send over a CV and portfolio.
A portfolio is an essential element of the application for a design role at Klarna. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.
Lifestyle DirectorDeer Creek Senior LivingSigning Bonus Available Dial is the place to love the way you work. Our team members get the opportunity to serve and learn from some of the most knowledgeable41 minute agoShareOverland Park, KS 66213
Two Assistant Professor Positions in Creating a Just Society: Equity and BelongingNew York UniversityJob details Job Type Tenure track Full Job Description New York University: NYU - NY: Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development: Applied41 minute agoShareNew York, NY 10012
HR Assistant II (Contingent)AmazonJob details Job Type Contract Full Job Description HR Assistant II As a Central Operations Associate you will play a critical role within Workforce Staffing42 minute agoShareRemote
Chemical OperatorPentagon Technologies$18 - $28 an hourJob details Salary $18 - $28 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 6 Qualifications Day Shift (Preferred) Night Shift (Preferred) Overnight42 minute agoShareHayward, CA 94545
Administrative Assistant/ReceptionistLevy Wealth Management Group$47,500 - $55,000 a yearJob details Salary $47,500 - $55,000 a year Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Preferred) Customer42 minute agoSharePhiladelphia, PA 19103