CORRECTIONAL RECORDS CLERK I
Arizona Department of Corrections
Safer communities through effective corrections.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
CORRECTIONAL RECORDS CLERK I
1601 W. Jefferson
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
The Arizona Department of Corrections (ADC) is seeking qualified individuals to perform complex clerical work regarding inmate records.
- Prepares and files documents in chronological, terminal and digital order in offender files
- Maintains records and files in accordance with ADC policies and guidelines
- Reviews and audits offenders’ information files for accuracy
- Distributes mail to appropriate section
- Answers multi-line phone and responds to public inquiries
- Loads and unloads inactive records from transport vehicle
- Drive on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to assignment
SPECIAL SELECTION FACTOR(S) – THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED:
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Basic office practices and procedures
- Numerical and digital filing system
- Operation of office equipment including personal computer, fax, copier and telephone
- Personal computers and software including Microsoft Suite
- Legal Terminology
- Business English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Written and verbal communication
- Building and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Customer Service
- Attention to detail
- Time management and prioritizing duties
- Stand for long periods of time
- Learn through repetition, practice, and on the job training
- Learn and adhere to ADC policies and procedures
- Learn to use the Adult Information Management System (AIMS)
- Learn policies and procedures that apply to offender records
SELECTIVE PREFERENCE(S) - IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- High School Diploma or GED
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADC Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
If you experience technical issues while applying for this position, please call 602-542-4700 or email [email protected]
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Employment Unit Manager at (602) 255-2430. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Payroll Clerk (Part Time)Marriott International, IncJob details Job Type Part-time Full Job Description Posting Date Jan 28, 2022Job Number 22011783Job Category Finance & AccountingLocation W New Orleans -3 hour agoShareNew Orleans, LA 70130
Payroll ClerkState of Connecticut - Department of Developmental...Job details Salary $50,050 - $65,449 a year Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Are you are a self-starter? A team player that thrives in a fast-paced and3 hour agoShareCheshire, CT+2 locations
Billing ClerkMountain Comprehensive Health CorporationJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES General Duties: The Billing Clerk position is primarily responsible for the3 hour agoShareWhitesburg, KY 41858
Underwriting Support Assistant (Underwriting Call Center)Mutual of OmahaJob details Salary $18 - $21 an hour Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Location: Various LocationsWork Type: Full Time RegularJob No: 500001Categories:5 hour agoShareRemote
Data Entry ClerkCalifornia FAIR Plan AssociationJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description POSITION SUMMARYThe Data Entry Clerk is an individual who screens incoming new business application and5 hour agoShareLos Angeles, CA 90010