Job details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description
The City of Phoenix is seeking to hire individuals to fill the position of Cement Finisher in the Street Transportation Department.
The Cement Finisher is responsible for performing skilled cement finishing techniques on cement projects including sidewalks, curbs, gutters, and streets in accordance with accepted standards and practices such as the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG).
Responsibilities include setting steel and wooden forms; and pouring, tamping, and finishing concrete using screeds and floats, for the completion of street intersections and airport locations. Cement Finishers also install and grout concrete pipes. At times, this position may act as a crew leader and drive trucks to transport employees, materials, and equipment to and from job locations.
This recruitment and any interview process as a result of this recruitment may be used by multiple hiring managers and multiple departments throughout the City to fill any related current or future vacancies; other recruitments and appropriate eligible lists may also be considered.
- Basic computer knowledge in Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of related Maricopa Association of Government (MAG) standards and City Of Phoenix Supplements to MAG.
- Knowledge of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines and experience in construction of various types of ADA ramps (e.g. wheelchair, sidewalk, driveway).
$19.92 (minimum) - $25.73 (maximum) hourly / $41,434 - $53,518 annually. Candidates may be hired above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA/HDHP plan; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days and personal leave days. For more details, visit:
Unit 1 – Field/Skilled Maintenance Benefits
- One year of experience as a skilled cement finisher OR
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship program in cement finishing.
- Working irregular hours, second or third shift, weekends, holidays and evenings may be required.
- Operation of a 90lb jackhammer and lifting of 94lb bags of cement are required.
- Working in a variety of environmental extremes such as heat, cold, rain, air pollution, and dust required.
- Walking for prolonged periods which may include walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces required.
- The City job description can be found here.
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For information regarding pre-screening and driving positions, click here.
- For positions in the Street Transportation Department, individuals will be required to pass an Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) medical examination, and possess a class A Commercial Driver License Instructional Permit with a Tank Vehicle (N) endorsement at the time of hire.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
- Three to five years of actively working as a cement finisher, preferably at journeyman level.
- Experience working with level and transit to set grade elevation, forming and finishing sidewalk, pole foundations, catch basins, and storm drain structures.
- Experience in flat work and setting of rebar; and repairing block walls.
Recruitment closes October 4, 2021. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
- If you are in need of computer resources, click here for free options.
- Explore other Employment Opportunities with the City of Phoenix.
- Subscribe to receive e-mail notifications about new employment opportunities.
- Request assistance applying for this job by contacting our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Cement Finisher, JC: 74010, ID# 41920, 09/19/21, 3 mos., RAL, Benefits: 001
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Spend Wisely, Be Kind.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
HR CoordinatorLehigh HansonAutoReqId: 13497BR Line Of Business: Regional Administration Department: Human Resources Primary Location: Allentown-PA Pay Class: Salaried Non-Exempt Job Posting: WE04-10-2021ShareAllentown, PA 18103
Senior Director, Global Diversity Equity and InclusionZendeskWho are we looking for? Zendesk is a service-first CRM company that builds powerful, customizable software designed to improve customer relations! At Zendesk, we02-10-2021ShareRemote