Customer Service Representative - Part Time
United Airlines Inc. - Austin, TX 73344
$14.38 an hour
Customer Service Representative Help United passengers reach their destinations, with a smile Do you find the idea of working at an airport exciting? Would you love to help people get where they’re going? Are you a real problem-solver who can stay focused in any situation? You’re the perfect candidate for a role as a part-time Customer Service Representative for United Airlines. As part of our passenger service team, you’ll meet people from all over the world, handle a variety of tasks that make every day different and enjoy a real sense of accomplishment when someone walks away saying “United Airlines is great!” Caring for customers
- It is vitally important that our Customer Service Representatives make every interaction a positive one.
- Whether booking reservations or printing boarding passes, determining alternative flight options or rebooking a reservation, you must be calm, cool and collected.
- To be successful, you’ll need patience, empathy, the ability to listen and a knack for making informed decisions in sometimes stressful situations.
- Caring happens regardless of our customer’s disposition or travel challenges. There will be moments where you will be required to remain calm, positive, and caring even when our customers are not.
- Most new hires start as a Gate or Ticket Agent, helping passengers check in and board, as well as resolving any issues with travel that arise.
- We provide paid training, including 1 week of orientation, 2.5 weeks in the classroom and 1.5 weeks on the job.
- With experience, you can explore roles in gate services, ticketing, baggage services, international flights and United Club locations, as well as manager or supervisor roles.
- You’ll also have the ability to transfer to other locations within our amazing network.
- Since this is a union job based on seniority, you will be assigned your initial schedule to meet our needs at the airport.
- You must be available for day and night shifts, weekends and holidays.
- You will be required to work mandatory overtime, when necessary.
- As you gain seniority, you can trade days with colleagues, pick up extra hours and have more control over your schedule.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential—we’ve got flight schedules to meet!
- $14.38/hour, with yearly increases (as per the union contract)
- Medical benefits for part time (20 - 30 hours per week)
- Flight privileges: you and your family can fly anywhere in the world on stand-by
- Time off: you’ll always have two days off in a row and can earn vacation days based on length of service
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Comfortable working on computers
- Physical ability to stand and walk for a four-hour shift, as well lift and handle baggage
- Must pass a background check and drug screen
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Other jobs you may like
Administrative AssistantTouch Up HomeJob details Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 2 Qualifications Customer service: 2 years (Preferred) Full Job Description Sales Full Time only.4 hour agoShareRaleigh, NC 27603+2 locations
Payroll Clerk (Part Time)Marriott International, IncJob details Job Type Part-time Full Job Description Posting Date Jan 28, 2022Job Number 22011783Job Category Finance & AccountingLocation W New Orleans -4 hour agoShareNew Orleans, LA 70130
Administrative Assistant/ReceptionistTouch Up HomeJob details Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 2 Qualifications Customer service: 2 years (Preferred) Full Job Description Sales Full Time only.4 hour agoShareSavannah, GA 31405
Coordinator, ITPittsburgh PiratesJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description The Pirates WhyThe Pittsburgh Pirates are a storied franchise in Major League Baseball who are reinventing4 hour agoSharePittsburgh, PA 15212
Curator Of Animal Behavior ProgramsThe Maryland Zoo in BaltimoreJob details Job Type Internship Full Job Description General Summary: The Director of Animal Behavior is responsible for oversight of all animal behavior programs4 hour agoShareBaltimore, MD 21217