Cybersecurity Management and Policy, Undergraduate School - Adjunct Faculty
Cybersecurity - Management and Policy
The Undergraduate School
Location: Online or Langley AFB, VA; Quantico, VA; Andrews AFB, MD; Waldorf, MD; College Park, MD; Dorsey, MD; Fort Meade, MD
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach online and hybrid courses for our undergraduate Cybersecurity Management and Policy program. This fast-paced program uses a pervasive cybersecurity approach to prepare graduates for leadership roles managing risk and protecting information assets and technologies in businesses, industries, and government organizations.
We are looking for Cybersecurity professionals who have some or all of the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Significant experience in cyber incident response (setting up incident response plans, managing incident response teams, hands-on incident response).
- Significant experience in emerging technologies and the technology development R&D area (including the defense acquisition workforce SPRD designation).
- Experience with the NIST Risk Management Framework including controls selection.
- Experience with risk based budgeting (IAW OMB FISMA guidance).
- Experience with the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (core functions, tiers, etc.),
- Experience with data privacy regulations and laws (including GDPR)
Preference will be given to individuals who:
- Have experience teaching working adults in an environment that encourages mastery and outcomes-based learning.
- Have systems engineering experience and/or contract oversight experience (COR or COTR) for software or system development, preferably involving small businesses (both a & b).
- Have familiarity with the bodies of knowledge for the following certifications: CISM, CRISC, CISA.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ph.D. or terminal degree in Cybersecurity, Information Security, Information Assurance, Information Technology Management, or a closely related field from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- 8 to 10 years of professional experience in Cybersecurity, Information Security, Information Assurance, Information Technology Management, or a related field.
- Prior teaching or training experience working with adult learners is highly preferred.
Materials needed for submission:
- Resume/ Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter highly preferred
- If selected, candidates with international degrees may be required to submit translation/ degree evaluation from a NACES approved Vendor.
Who We Are and Who We Serve
UMGC-one of 12 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM)-is a mission-driven institution with seven core values that guide us in all we do. At the top of the list is "Students First," and we strive to do just that for our 90,000 students at home and abroad. From its start in 1947, UMGC has demonstrated its commitment to adult learners. We recognize that adult students need flexibility and options. UMGC is proud to be a global, 24-hour, institution of higher learning.
The typical UMGC student is an adult learner juggling a career, family, and other priorities. Roughly 80% work full time, half are parents, and half are minority students. They are continuing their education to better themselves, their families, and their professional opportunities. UMGC is also a leading higher education provider to the U.S. military, enrolling 55,000 active-duty service members, reservists, National Guard members, veterans, and family members annually. We are proud of our military heritage and are committed to this service.
The Adjunct Faculty Role at UMGC
UMGC is committed to helping students achieve success not only with us, but also in their professional fields. As a result, we actively seek faculty members who are scholar-practitioners: professionals who are actively and successfully engaged in their field who additionally wish to help the next generation of professionals grow in their knowledge and expertise through education. Your role as an adjunct faculty member will be to:
- Actively engage students through frequent interaction that motivates them to succeed, and conveys a genuine energy and enthusiasm for their learning.
- Guide students in active collaboration and the application of their learning in problem- and project-based learning demonstrations.
- Provide rich and regular constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics effectively for the assessment of student work, and acknowledging student accomplishments.
- Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise, and help students connect concepts across their academic program.
- Provide feedback to your program chair on possible curricular improvements.
The Cyber Security programs at UMGC
Please visit the following link to learn more about this program, including its description, outcomes, and coursework: http://www.umuc.edu/academic-programs/bachelors-degrees/cyber-security-major.cfm
Faculty Training at UMGC
We are committed to your professional success at UMGC. Each new faculty member is required to successfully complete our online two-week new faculty orientation, FacDev 411, as a condition of hire.
POSITION AVAILABLE AND WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
Adjunct faculty candidates will be required to provide official transcripts during the candidate selection process.
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.
University of Maryland University College actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, religion, color, creed, gender, marital status, age, national origin, political affiliation, mental or physical disability, veterans status or sexual orientation.
© Copyright 2019 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
Veterinary Office ReceptionistCentre Animal Hospital$14.00 - $14.50 an hourJob details Salary $14.00 - $14.50 an hour Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Required) Reception: 21 hour agoShareState College, PA 16801
Office AssistantEasy Road Moving & Storage$500 - $700 a weekJob details Salary $500 - $700 a week Job Type Full-time Contract Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications US work authorization (Required) High school or1 hour agoShareMiami Gardens, FL 33169
Administrative AssistantLand of Goods Vocational ConsultingFrom $13.50 an hourJob details Salary From $13.50 an hour Job Type Part-time Contract Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications US work authorization (Required) High school1 hour agoShareRemote
Medical Office RepresentativeCommonSpirit HealthOverview For more than 70 years, Mercy Medical Center Redding has offered comprehensive health care in the North State, providing acute care and a full range of medical15 hour agoShareSan Francisco, CA
Packing/Shipping (Large) 10AM - 7PM M-FMSC Industrial SupplyBuild a better career with MSC. Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC15 hour agoShareReno, NV