Dispatch - Indy
EmployIndy has partnered with the Indianapolis Fire Department. IFD Mission: Protecting lives, property and the environment while serving our community with courage, commitment and compassion.
The purpose of this job description document is to establish a guideline for identifying the duties and responsibilities of an IFD Communications Telecommunicator. The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
The next training class for this position begins February 2020General Duties
- Answer emergency calls in a swift, courteous and respectful manner.
- Answer non-emergency calls in a courteous and respectful manner after emergency calls are cleared.
- Dispatch the appropriate response to all calls for service.
- Handle all radio traffic from units in the field.
- Document all pertinent phone and radio traffic on each incident to provide a written history of that incident.
- Will log hours worked in accordance with City of Indianapolis time keeping procedures.
- Will participate in shift level training as directed by a CTO, Senior or Lead Telecommunicator.
- Maintains regular attendance
- Will be required to work overtime when necessary to maintain minimum staffing or during times when extra staffing is deemed required.
- Will be required to fill on-call shifts.
- Maintain certifications as required by the Indianapolis Fire Department / NFPA / APCO
- Knowledge of dispatching methods and procedures;
- Emergency medical methods and procedures;
- Knowledge of the National Incident Management System;
- Make effective recommendations and decisions under emergency circumstances;
- of departmental policy and procedures regarding personnel management (disciplinary procedures, employee conduct, complaints, performance, training, etc.
- Radio communication procedures.
Education and Certifications
- HS Diploma
- Maintain CPR
TechnicianPop-A-Lock$2,400 - $4,000 a monthFull-timeWeekend availabilityApply Now Jacksonville Service Technician !!!Now Offering a hiring bonus of $1,350.00!!! Currently, ALLshifts are available; day, evening,4 hour agoShareJacksonville, FL
Overnight TechnicianPop-A-Lock$3,000 - $4,000 a monthFull-timeWeekend availability +1Apply Now Birmingham Overnight Service Technician !!!Now Offering a hiring bonus of $1,350.00!!! Currently, ALLshifts are available; day,4 hour agoShareBirmingham, AL
Account Executive (Self-Service)Disney Media & Entertainment DistributionAs part of Disney’s powerful suite of advanced advertising solutions, Disney is now giving small businesses the ability to advertise in a high quality, premium11 hour agoShareNew York, NY
Scalehouse OperatorGFL EnvironmentalEstimated $31.1K - $39.3K a yearFull-timeJob Summary: Responsible for the scaling of all trucks that enter the landfill or transfer station while providing efficient, courteous customer service to Waste1 day agoShareAlbany, GA+1 location
Plumbing Repair SpecialistARS-Rescue RooterFrom $100,000 a yearFull-timeOverview: We are looking for a Plumbing Sales Representative to join our successful, growing team at ARS/Rescue Rooter. With us you will be able to grow your2 day agoShareSeattle, WA 98107 (Ballard area)+6 locations