HCA has been recognized as a World’s Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or on-call will be required.The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
Video- ASD RN
A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
- Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- New Extended Family Leave and PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discount Program
- Demonstrates necessary practical, technical or specialized knowledge and skills required for the role of the GI nurse in accordance with patient care and regulatory standards of practice.
- Prepares the endoscopy unit adequately and ensures availability of necessary GI equipment and supplies.
- Compiles patient care forms chart to ensure that all required documentation is immediately available (i.e. assessment, consents, H/P, physician orders, etc.).
- Conducts complete patient assessment and evaluation of each patient prior to procedure or treatment. Includes vital signs, history, physical, pain level, and psychological assessment.
- Conducts hemodynamic monitoring as indicated by procedure and policy (vital signs, cardiac monitoring, end tidal monitoring, etc.) from pre-op to discharge.
- Initiates intravenous therapy as indicated, utilizing aseptic technique with appropriate IV catheter and fluid. Ensures that medication is labeled appropriately.
- Assists the physician with interventions as indicated (positioning, preparing specimens, GI tract tattooing, etc.)
- Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current practice (i.e. pre-op antibiotics, identifying high alert medications, preparing/labeling medications on/off field, consistently utilizing the 7 rights before administration, monitoring patient response, narcotic waste, etc.)
- Demonstrates knowledge of administering and monitoring IV conscious sedation medications and recognizes the need for reversal drugs.
- Retrieves tissue for pathology as directed by physician, properly labels, and prepares requisitions for appropriate labs and delivers to appropriate area (i.e. biopsies, CLO test, etc.) and logs specimens, as required.
Minimum 2 year experience in a GI setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.·
Additional specialty experience may be required as per facility practices(i.e. Pediatric, GI, etc)
Active RN license as required by state of employment.·
Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.·
PALS as required by facility.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Instructor, BSNU - Community HealthWestern Governors UniversityFull-timeWeekend availability +1If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your1 hour agoShareRemote
Clinical Receptionist 2Yale UniversityEstimated $45.3K - $57.4K a yearFull-time +1Monday to Friday +4Clinical Receptionist 2 Yale Health - Mental Health and Counseling 77716BR University Job Title Clinical1 day agoShareNew Haven, CT 06511 (Dixwell area)
RN - New CenterOctapharma Plasma, Inc.Full-timeDetermined to Increase your work/life balance and home time, your ability to learn and advance, and your impact on other’s lives?2 day agoShareRocky Mount, NC 27801
Nursing Lab and Clinical Associate (S03973)Montgomery College$32.52 - $42.28 an hourFull-timeMonday to FridayJob Description Montgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring, has an immediate need for a Full-time Nursing Lab and Clinical Associate in the4 day agoShareMontgomery County, MD
Medical ReceptionistVanderbilt University Medical CenterFull-timeDay shift +52214670 Job Clinical Support Primary Location TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Hospital (VUH) Organization Neuro ICU 10 201089 Shift 7pm - 7am4 day agoShareNashville, TN+4 locations