Executive Assistant (PT)
At Sharing Excess, we thrive when our team thrives. We’re currently looking for an executive assistant to be a supportive force who empowers our senior leadership. The ideal candidate will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and strong attention to details. This person should have experience working in an office environment, performing administrative duties, and providing support to managers. Given the dynamic nature of the executive landscape, we rely on executive assistants to be flexible and consistent while maintaining the confidentiality of high-level systems and operations. Nonprofit organizations use mission statements to succinctly identify the overall objective of the agency. As the executive assistant, you represent the executive director in carrying out this mission both internally an externally. Nonprofit administrative experience is highly desirable, but not required.
- Acts as the administrative point of contact between Executive Director and internal/external stakeholders.
- Consistently undertakes communication tasks like receiving calls, taking messages, and routing correspondence appropriately.
- Handles executives’ requests and inquiries promptly.
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information, and initiating communications via email.
- Assists with day-to-day HR responsibilities like organizing time-off requests, checking timesheets, and organizing paperwork for new hires.
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings and conferences/travel opportunities.
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing meeting minutes and other record-keeping.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, evaluating new office products, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management (Preferred: nonprofit/service experience).
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with organization-specific programs.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, schedule management, project management, and problem-solving skills, and an ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
Candidates must be based in Philadelphia, PA & can work in a hybrid model.
About Sharing Excess:
Sharing Excess is a Philadelphia-based nonprofit that uses surplus as a solution to scarcity. While over 40 million people in the US face food insecurity, nearly 40% of the nation's food supply is going to waste. By partnering with grocery stores, restaurants, wholesalers, and farmers, Sharing Excess has delivered over 14 million meals to a network of nonprofits, food banks, and community organizations. Our team embraces a fun, fast-paced, agile, and creative startup environment that is laser-focused on improving access to excess and making food a basic human right. If you're passionate about connecting with people, building innovative solutions, and want to make this world a better place, look no further than team SE.
MED AssistantBrier Creek Country ClubEstimated $24.7K - $31.3K a yearWe are Invited. At Invited Clubs , work feels like play as you build relationships with your team and meet Members from all different backgrounds. Every time you step2 hour agoShareNorth Carolina
Server Assistant-1ValorHospitalityEstimated $17.3K - $21.9K a yearFull-timeTHE LODGE AT GULF STATE PARK One of the most unique destinations on the Alabama Gulf Coast, The Lodge is located inside the 6,150-acre Gulf State Park. A Hilton4 hour agoShareGulf Shores, AL+2 locations
Driller Assistant/Exploration Team Member ITerracon Consultants, Inc.Estimated $41.9K - $53.1K a yearFull-timeJob Description There are many reasons why you should consider beginning a career with Terracon. As an employee-owned company and over 50 years strong, Terracon4 hour agoShareSaint Paul, MN 55106 (Dayton's Bluff area)+38 locations
Program AnalystUS National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration$98,496 - $168,569 a yearDuties As a Program Analyst, you will perform the following duties: Implement national statutory coastal and ocean programs; respond to the needs of users,4 hour agoShareChicago, IL
Health Communications SpecialistCenters for Disease Control and Prevention$87,466 - $135,209 a yearFull-timeDatePosted 3/28/2023 7:57:45 AM FirstLocation Atlanta, Georgia 33.7483 84.3911 Location Atlanta, Georgia4 hour agoShareAtlanta, GA 30333