Feature Production Trainee
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team. Business Unit Overview Warner Bros. Pictures Group (WBPG) produces, markets and distributes Warner Bros.’ slate of approximately 20 movies a year, including films from New Line Cinema. Our movies have generated industry-leading box office results and have won multiple Academy Awards in recent years. Warner Bros. Pictures is a global leader in the international marketing and distribution of feature films, operating in more than 30 countries and releasing films in more than 120 territories. Opportunity Overview The Job
Warner Bros. Pictures, a division of WB Studio Enterprises Inc. seeks a Feature Production Trainee for the Production Management department. As directed, learns/trains to be exposed to all facets of production as well as Warner Bros. production policies and procedures. Provides assistance to the EVP, Physical Production & Administration and SVP, Physical Production and other personnel in the department while learning all aspects of feature production.
- Works with the EVP, Physical Production & Administration and SVP, Physical Production and their Coordinators. As directed, advises production personnel of WB policies and procedures; services; charge numbers; explains petty cash procedures and assists with any other questions production personnel may have.
- Manages/schedules calendar for EVP, Physical Production & Administration and SVP Physical Production
- As directed, disseminates information to various departments on the lot, including Music, Legal, Corporate Insurance, Business Affairs and Editorial, regarding feature production issues.
- Learns how to break down possible feature scripts and identify necessary elements. Becomes acquainted with special equipment, cash availability and any other requirements for complete coverage of the script. Develops preliminary production schedules and scriptboards used for estimating purposes on Fasttrack scheduling program, beat sheets, and reviewing of budgeting top sheet.
- Observes and interacts with various on-production departments and crews to acquire a thorough understanding of all elements used in production.
- Studies and researches, as needed, contractual obligations from SAG, SEG, DGA, IATSE, and other union agreements in order to assist effectively with all stages of production.
- Occasionally attends meeting with Warner Bros. executives to learn how production related problems are resolved.
- Assists department heads and their assistants/coordinators in assuring smooth workflow.
- Updates Rate Comparison Data Base to ensure accuracy of credit information given to producers and executives.
- Performs special projects and other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Education in film, communication or related field is strongly preferred.
- Twelve months of feature experience as a production assistant, secretary or staff assistant preferred.
- Some experience in the entertainment field required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel.
- Must have the ability to work under time constraints.
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be well organized and have good attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to adapt to varied personalities associated with film production.
- Mac and PC skills: Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. MM Budgeting & Scheduling preferred.
- Knowledge of basic math, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and English usage.
- Knowledge of report, letter, etc. format.
- Ability to research on the internet
- Answers telephones, photocopies, and distributes all production materials
- Must be able to manage heavy phones and roll calls
- Ability to interpret production material such as call sheets, production reports, actor’s daily time reports, cast and crew lists, schedules, day out of days, etc. preferred
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Jun. 08, 2021
Video EditorEndorphinzJob details Job Type Contract Full Job Description Endorphinz is looking for a network of video editors with experience across short and long-form fitness video1 hour agoShareLithia, FL 33547
Packaging Machine OperatorFrito-Lay North America$27.75 an hourJob details Salary $27.75 an hour Job Type Full-time Full Job Description The Packaging Machine Operator is responsible for setting up and operating assigned1 hour agoShareFrankfort, IN
Part Packers/Light Assembly $15.00 - $16.75Röchling GroupJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Back Part Packers/Light Assembly $15.00 - $16.75 A job at Full time Professional Level We are looking1 hour agoShareAkron, OH 44312
Senior Product Security Researcher (Firewall as a Platform)TeamViewer GmbHJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Company Description Our Mission At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our1 day agoShareSanta Clara, CA
Extrusion OperatorLandmark Plastic CorporationJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description $1000 New Hire Bonus Perfect Attendance Bonus$500 efficiency bonus every month* (Up to $800 for the month of1 day agoShareAkron, OH 44306