Food Service Helper
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Food Service Helper.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing diversified tasks under the supervision of the: Tray Assembly Supervisor in the operation of the tray assembly line, up to and including Key Tray Assembler; Sanitation Supervisor in routine sanitation operation of the dishroom, kitchen and service areas; Cafeteria Supervisor in the preparation as well as serving of food, up to and including Counter Helper; Receiving Supervisor in various activities of receiving and storage; and Patient Services Supervisor, ensuring that patients receive appropriate nourishments, trays and food selections.
- Attends meetings and in-services as assigned. Assures management of attendance at meetings and in-services by signing attendance sheets. Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of materials and instructions given. Participates actively in group discussions.
- Performs as a Utility Attendant/Pot Washer. Sets up assigned workstation (e.g. dishroom, pot washing area, and kitchen), collects supplies and equipment needed to complete duties; and operates sanitation equipment correctly. Collects and strips trays from tray conveyor, patient trucks, or busing carts. Cleans, sorts, racks, and stores trays, dishes, glassware, hot water/coffee, and flatware according to established departmental procedures.
- Maintains clean work area and equipment according to department guidelines. Concentrates and keeps control of belt line tray flow with a minimum of errors. Uses the correct equipment for serving and portion control. Practices good food handling procedures and correct use of food gloves and serving utensils. Practices proper hand washing techniques according to standard operating procedures. Maintains clean working environment and uses clean sterilized utensils according to department guidelines. Notifies management of defective equipment and any hazardous conditions in or around work area.
- Performs as a Cafeteria Helper or Counter Helper. Places dry goods and paper goods in their respective areas. Rotates stock on a first in first out basis. Assures refrigerated items are stored when delivered to prevent spoilage. Always keeps storeroom organized and clean. Refills all plastic ware at stations so that containers are full. Assures that all napkins, cups, plastic wares, straws and portion control packets are filled and neat at the station and area.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of workstations. Fills refrigerator with milk products and sodas, the freezer with ice cream and fills yogurt topping bar. Collects, prepares, serves, distributes and displays food and supplies based on menu and customer request in various stations of the cash operation outlets. Sets up, grills/fries all items necessary for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sets up, maintains and serves hot/cold items Follows established timetable and completes assignment within allotted timeframe. Collects supplies and displays attractively within code compliance. Confers with supervisor and/or peers relating to assignment and other related duties.
- Performs as a Stores Attendant. Insures that all food and non-food are stored after they have been checked. Dates produce dairy and meat items before storing. Always uses clean racks and trays. Insures that all products are properly rotated (FI-FO). Maintains all items in an orderly fashion on the shelves at all time. Assures all products are dated appropriately (all dented cans are stored for proper return).
- Prepares orders for satellite area and stores them according to supervisor's request whether they are staged or delivered. Documents items issues properly (e.g) weight, unit of issue, count, and nomenclature of all items. Signs all requisitions when completed and sign for receipt of items. Delivers all requisition and invoices to department office. Accounts for all food and non-food orders before they are picked up or delivered. Adheres to established policy and procedures pertaining to supplemental requisition.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains clean, organized refrigerator, freezer, and food bank. Always pays attention to corners, under equipment, and refrigerator vents. Assures pots, pans, fryers, skillets, broilers and griddles are properly clean and returned to proper working condition or location.
- Performs as a Tray Assembler or Key Tray Assembler. Prepares cold foods within established preparation guidelines. Works on late, hold, or early trays before and after tray service. Reads menu portions carefully and arranges food accurately on patient trays using the proper guidelines.
- Performs as a Diet Aide. Reviews patient menus to ensure adherence to prescribed diets and nutritional care plans. Modifies menus in accordance with changes in diet orders. Insures that patient menus contain all the necessary information: name, room number, and diet orders. Maintains an updated list of patients' dietary preferences and diet orders. Insures that patient's food allergies, and intolerance are taken care of and noted. Assists patients with menu selections. Relays patient's questions, comments, and concerns to Nutritionist. Keeps supervisor updated on any problematic situations. Completes meal rounds on a daily basis. Assures all patients menu/dietary needs are met.
To qualify you must have a Must be able to communicate, read, and write English well. Must be able to understand and carryout simple oral and written instruction. Minimum of one year experience in Food Service.
High School diploma or the equivalent.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $21.81 - $23.03 Hourly. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here
Electrical Helper - IndustrialCianbroEstimated $40K - $50.6K a yearJob Responsibilities Assists in performing all phases of installation, maintenance, repair & inspection of electrical & instrumentation systems and service2 hour agoShareMaine
Packaging SpecialistMolson Coors$34.25 an hourDate: Feb 2, 2023 Location: Golden, CO, US Requisition ID: 25383 A Career6 hour agoShareGolden, CO 80401
Plant Maintenance Planning and Reliability ManagerKellogg CompanyJoin our team as the Plant Maintenance Planning and Reliability Manager in Muncy, PA where you will be playing a crucial role in identifying and delivering programs6 hour agoShareMuncy, PA 17756
Kitchen StaffCarrabba’s Italian GrillEstimated $29K - $36.7K a yearFull-timeAre you ready to learn, have fun, and make money? Here at Carrabba’s we do just that! Our atmosphere and hospitality for our customers is old-world Italian with a11 hour agoShareSecaucus, NJ 07094+44 locations
Data SpecialistInfoBateFrom $18 an hourFull-time8 hour shiftWe are seeking to add a Data Specialist person to our team remotely via our office in Pittsburgh. Our company provides services to distributors, manufacturers, brokers,13 hour agoShareRemote