Up to $57,000 a year
Full Job Description
Hampton Lumber is a family-owned wood products company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. With over 1,700 employees, we operate ten sawmills in Western Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia. We also manage timberland and operate a wholesale and export division. With nearly 80 years in the sawmill business, we are proud to have cultivated the knowledge and experience needed to grow and prosper, even in challenging times. We always look to the future and invest in our people, new technologies, and continuous improvement processes and techniques.
This opening is a Full time - Day Shift Position.
Comply with Company work and SAFETY rules. Become a certified lumber grader in all WWPA Rules and Regulations pertaining to Hampton Lumber Banks (HLB); this includes learning in house grading rules. Assist in maintaining production flow. Maintain lumber size checks and communicate with planer setup person any adjustments necessary to provide a smooth lumber finish. Assist with changeovers to lumber products to minimize planer downtime. Work to eliminate any interruptions in lumber flow. Assist maintenance personnel in breakdown situations. Work with grader trainees in learning lumber grading. Work necessary overtime to reduce rough inventory and other assigned tasks. Report any potential issues to supervisor and/or maintenance personnel. Do any side work assigned by supervisor.
Hiring and Recruitment Bonus Program
**Income up to $57,000 per year with opptunity of overtime and production bonuses Benefits Highlights: Generous company-paid assistance for Medical and Dental insurance premiums; cost-effective co-pays & deductibles. Vision, Short Term Disability, Roth and pre-tax 401k, with a 2% company match and an additional 5% annual employer contribution, fully vested after three years. Responsibilities:
Comply with Company and SAFETY rules.
- Be or become a certified lumber grader in all WWPA Rules and Regulations pertaining to HLB, including in-house grade rules.
- Be willing to learn computer systems such as the GMR and Nelson Bros Tally, to monitor production levels, bin assignments, and assist in maintaining production flow.
- Maintain lumber size checks and communicate with planer setup person any adjustments necessary to provide a smooth lumber finish.
- Make changeovers to lumber products to minimize planer downtime.
- Monitor lumber grade stamps and take necessary steps to ensure we are seeing a clear stamp associated with the appropriate lumber grade.
- Assist QC/Head Grader in communication with stacker operators and bander personnel any special lumber sorts and take steps necessary to see special sorts are filled in a timely manner.
- Assist maintenance personnel in breakdown situations.
- Work with grader trainees in learning lumber grading.
- Work necessary overtime to reduce rough inventory or any other assigned task.
- Report any potential issues to supervisor and/or maintenance personnel.
- Assist in keeping work area clean and perform any side duties when time allows.
- Periodically perform lumber inspection with QC/Head Grader as well as occasional helping with grade inspection called by WWPA.
- Former Mill Grading Experience
- High school graduate or GED equivalent preferred.
- Achieve and maintain WWPA grading certificate for BLC planer items.
Disability accommodation available: If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Office for the location you are applying.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: EEO is the Law and its accompanying temporary supplement.
Jewelry Design Grader, ICPenn FosterPosition Summary: The Jewelry Design Grader is responsible for providing instructional support to ensure students meet the established learning objectives and1 week agoShare+1 locationRemote
Coffee RoasterBirdHouse CoffeeJob details Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications English (Required) Full Job Description Birdhouse South Windsor,CT Job Type:1 week agoShareSouth Windsor, CT 06074