High School Attendance Clerk
This position is for the 2021-22 school year.
Bryant School District
Secretary/Attendance Clerk at Bryant High School
Department: School Office
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Building Administrator or Department Head
Amount of Travel Required: Varies
Job Type: Regular
Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: Hours are typically 7:30-4:00 daily with a 30-minute lunch and two 15-minute breaks. However, the daily schedule may vary depending on the needs of the district.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Compose letters or other correspondence using correct grammar, word usage, spelling, and punctuation.
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Use computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing.
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases.
- Process records for new or withdrawn students. Sort records and advise counselors, SLP's, and special education teachers of pertinent information contained in student records.
- Enroll/Withdraw students from school in accordance with district procedures.
- Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
- Complete forms in accordance with district procedures.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for supervisors and staff members.
- Make copies of correspondence or other printed material.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information, internally or with other organizations.
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, or reports, such as presentations or expense, statistical, or monthly reports.
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail or other materials and answer routine letters.
- Provide services to parents and/or patrons, including answering questions and providing information about the school or district programs and activities.
- Manage projects or contribute to committee or team work.
- Mail newsletters, promotional material, or other information.
- Order supplies as needed to maintain sufficient materials for school operations.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Perform payroll functions, such as maintaining timekeeping information and processing and submitting payroll.
- Handle money and submit deposits to the Central Office according to district financial procedures; conduct fundraising activities consistent with district policies and procedures.
- Coordinate conferences, meetings, or special events, such as luncheons or graduation ceremonies.
- Maintain accurate staff and student attendance records and submit reports as required.
- Process requests and/or correspondence pertaining to transcripts or other permanent records.
- Perform accounting (requisitions, purchase orders) and inventory duties as assigned.
- Schedule substitute personnel for absent faculty and staff members.
- Enter master schedules for students, teachers, and staff, as assigned.
- Report to the proper authorities any cases of suspected child endangerment, neglect, or abuse.
- Report suspected bullying to building principal or designee as required by Arkansas law and district policies.
- Adhere to all policies of the District.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Building Administrator or Department Head.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of parent, student, and patron needs while following district procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Loyal - The trait of feeling a sense of duty to the employer.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
- Regular attendance - Exhibiting regular attendance in order to perform duties in a satisfactory manner.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school): Preferred
Experience: Previous secretarial experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Shall be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of proficiency with computers and programs associated with the position.
Other Requirements: 1. Successful completion of pre-employment background checks.
2. Appropriate personal and professional conduct at all times while around students and other staff members.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Manually Manipulate C
Reach Outward C
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs O
Over 100 lbs N
12 lbs or less F
13-25 lbs O
26-40 lbs O
41-100 lbs N
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Depth)
- Sense of Sound - Able to carry on normal conversations and communicate over the telephone and portable radio.
Most work is performed in an indoor office environment. The sound level ranges from very quiet to moderate depending on the activities being conducted.
The Bryant School District Human Resources Office has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Bryant School District reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the District may deem appropriate.
It is the policy of the Bryant School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices.
Customer Service Representative-I PBS-KTrinity HealthEmployment Type: Full time Shift: Day Shift Description: POSITION PURPOSE =Work Remote Position The Customer Service Representative handles customer inquiries in a38 minute agoShareMason City, IA 50401
Data entry clerkstopbuggingmenowJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description We are looking for a Data Entry Clerk to type information into our database from paper documents. The ideal38 minute agoShareNew York, NY
Policy AdvocateProtect DemocracyProtect Democracy seeks Policy Advocates who are passionate about protecting our democracy to rebuild and strengthen democratic norms and institutions by developing38 minute agoShareRemote
Administrative Specialist, ZA-0341-II(GS-9/11)US Department of Commerce$60,129 - $94,581 a yearJob details Salary $60,129 - $94,581 a year Job Type Full-time Part-time Full Job Description Duties Summary Are you ready to explore your future with NIST?Your39 minute agoShareGaithersburg, MD
Mail & Records Services - Administrative Assistant II, Administrative Services (DC)State of Colorado Job Opportunities$2,896 a monthDepartment Information This job announcement will close upon receiving 50 applications or the announced closing date, whichever occurs first. The Colorado Department39 minute agoShareLakewood, CO