- Processes post-judgment filings such as Oral Exams, Garnishments, Writs of Execution, Motions, Liens, & Appeals. Verifies judgment information on the filings. Enters the appropriate information into the data system and follows through with necessary action(s). Prepares civil status notices or deficiency notices when needed. Processes judge’s rulings on motions. Pulls & scans files for incoming work, order files from archive to be scanned
- Answers telephone & counter inquiries. Directs the public to the proper action/ agency. Provides necessary explanation to complete District Court form or on procedures.
- Enters new civil complaints filed over the counter into the computer system and process new cases through file and serve, prepare transmittals for service of the summons. Enters reissues of summons and sets the new trial date for the case. When cases are contested: enters Information into the system and resets the trial date.
- Prepares trial dockets, verifies, prints & posts the docket. Enters postponements, continuances, judgments, dismissals or other actions noted by the Judge into system. Checks to make sure docket sheets and costs are correct.
- Prepares transmittals and summonses for service. Processes Failure to Pay Rent Cases manually. Types rent docket. Checks rent cases coming back from court for completeness. Separates money judgments on Failure to Pay Rent cases. Processes Warrants of Restitutions, sends to judge for signature, to sheriff for service, and to parties for notice. Maintains statistics regarding numbers of evictions.
- Enters Petitions for Domestic Violence, Peace Orders, and Emergency Evaluations into the system. Research other cases between parties. If order is granted, forward a copy of the order to the sheriff, fax request for DSS report if ordered, enters actions into the system and prepare files for later hearings. Processes the post-hearing filings through termination of case
- Other Duties: Performs back-up cashier duties weekly and serves as the primary cashier periodically, accepts payments for civil, criminal, traffic, and appeal filings and fees. Opens and distributes mail. Prepares transmittals for the sheriff. Acts as counter back up. Processes Bond Forfeitures and Municipal Infraction cases. Prepares refund requests. Prepares bond form when defendants are brought in on body attachments. Fills in for Judge’s secretary or other positions when needed.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: One (1) year of work experience, preferably in court operations, or in the fields of criminal justice, parole and probation, legal or financial services.
- A Bachelor’s Degree may be substituted for the required one year of work experience
- A Paralegal/Associates Degree or 60 college credits may be substituted for the required one year of work experience.
- A Paralegal Certificate may be substituted for the required one year of work experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- General office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Standard legal forms and documents used in the Judiciary.
- Basic English and arithmetic to include, but not limited to, spelling, punctuation, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Customer service and handling problems tactfully and patiently.
- Typing on a personal computer.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Use standard office and business equipment including, but not limited to, personal computers, word processing, spreadsheets, database software, copier, microfilm machine, register, scanner, fax machine, etc.
- Use and maintain alphabetical and numerical filing systems.
- Communicate clearly, tactfully, and effectively with judges, the public, police agencies, attorneys, and other court officials and personnel, both verbally and in writing.
- Understand and abide by departmental rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Exercise tact, diplomacy, and impartiality in dealing with the public, law enforcement personnel, and attorneys.
- Follow procedures, verbal and written instructions, and protocols for any given assignment.
- Use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Exercise independent judgment in interpreting and applying appropriate policy, procedure, rule, law, and/or regulation to a situation.
- Multitask, adjust to situations quickly, set priorities, and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Work on a team and respect the Supervisor.
- Come into the office during emergencies and adverse weather conditions.
The Maryland Judiciary is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, familial status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by State or federal law. Applicants who need an ADA Accommodation for an interview should request the accommodation when notified of a request to be interviewed. Applicants must be United States citizens or eligible to work in the United States.
Data Entry ClerkSciolex CorporationJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Overview: What do you get when you bring together a team of bright individuals and place them into an21 hour agoShareSan Francisco, CA 94111
Data Entry Clerk (FT)The Telecom CompanyJob details Salary $20 - $23 an hour Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Job Position: Data Entry Clerk (Full Time Position) We are looking for a focused2 day agoShareHackensack, NJ 07601
Inventory Control Clerk I with Forklift - 1st ShiftFedEx Supply ChainJob details Salary $19.20 an hour Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Inventory Control Clerk w/ Cherry Picker and Stand-up Forklift 1st Shift 7am-3:30pm2 day agoShareUnion City, GA
Data Entry ClerkMucci FarmsJob details Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required) Spanish (Required) US work authorization3 day agoShareHuron, OH 44839
Contracts ClerkHello Auto GroupJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description More people are saying goodbye to their old jobs and Hello to their new careers! Are you looking for an3 day agoShareSanta Clarita, CA 91355