Mail & Records Services - Administrative Assistant II, Administrative Services (DC)
This job announcement will close upon receiving 50 applications or the announced closing date, whichever occurs first.
The Colorado Department of Revenue (CDOR) employs approximately 1,600 hard-working and dedicated employees throughout Colorado. We can be seen performing functions as varied as auditing and collecting taxes, issuing driver licenses and motor vehicle titles, marketing lottery products, and regulating liquor, gaming, horse racing, marijuana, and the auto industry in order to assist the citizens of our state.
To empower businesses and individuals through quality customer service, innovation and collaboration.
To become a trusted partner to every Coloradan to help them navigate the complexities of government so they can thrive.
The Department of Revenue offers 10 paid holidays per year, paid vacation and sick leave, discounted RTD Eco-Pass, BenefitHub program (discounted merchandise, food and travel, etc), CafeWell, employee wellness program and a great benefit package.
Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
The Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) provides services used by nearly every citizen of the State. Colorado citizens utilize identification, driver, and vehicle services at State and County offices to obtain identification cards, driver licenses, vehicle registrations, titles, and other related services. Additionally, the DMV licenses and provides oversight of private businesses and government organizations that provide driver and emission testing services. Finally, the division works closely with other state agencies and programs to provide information and education to serve the public and encourage voluntary compliance. Description of Job
The Driver Control Section exists to administer motor vehicle statutory requirements affecting driver's privilege, to compile and house motor vehicle related data and documents through data entry, electronic imaging, and filing. To provide copies, reports, and information pertaining to motor vehicle data and documents upon request from law enforcement and governmental agencies. And to process requests from the general public and collect appropriate fees.
Responsibilities of the Mail & Retrieval Services - Administrative Assistant II position include:
- Sort and prepare documents for imaging and data entry
- Log processes into spreadsheets, databases or electronic documents as necessary
- Research records concerns with using advisory data, internet and other information retrieval sources
- Correct and update driver record through entering data into records, databases and spreadsheets
- Translate and clarify Colorado Motor Vehicle Statutes, department administrative policies and procedures for customers
Maintain compliance with department and section policy to ensure a safe and clean environment.
The ideal applicant brings their exceptional administrative support and their strong attention to detail to this job every day to ensure comprehensive information exchange, provided in a thorough, professional manner with every support transaction.Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights Candidates shall possess good communications skills (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task, the ability to work responsibly with confidential information, the ability to work in high-stress environments, and the demonstrated ability to assist customers in an effective, efficient, and elegant manner.
Two years of General Clerical work experience in a professional office setting.
- General Clerical work experience is typically performed by office clerks and/or administrative assistants this includes, but is not limited to tasks such as:
- Interfacing with a variety of people from many levels within the organization and community.
- Data Entry including: entering confidential customer information into a program or database (customer records)
- Regular, daily work responsibilities utilizing computer systems, scanners, printers, copiers, fax machines and other technologies
- Experience lifting boxes weighing up to 50 pounds regularly throughout an 8 hour work shift
- Typing professional emails, letters, reports, briefings, forms, memoranda, etc...
- Reviewing and comparing data for accuracy and completeness. Gathering specified information and compiling routine reports
In order to be considered for this position, your Application must provide a detailed description of your revelant work experience in relation to your clerical experience, (Part-time experience will be pro-rated.)Substitutions
College or university coursework in Business Administration, Public Administration, or similar field may substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
The preferred candidate will possess the following:
- Two plus years working in a high volume data entry, or mail center workplace
- Experience working in a complex, high volume general clerical support position
- Career progression in a general clerical position
- Experience working with sensitive information of a confidential nature
- Regular, daily work responsibilities utilizing equipment and software used in offices (E-Mail, Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Apps, etc.)
- This position is required to be in office
CDOR Special Requirements
- All employees must be current with their income tax filings and payments with the State of Colorado. This includes successfully passing a pre-employment evaluation of your tax records/accounts.
- Employees are in a position of public trust in the performance of their job duties and must operate in a manner that maintains the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and public confidence. All job finalists require successful completion of a background investigation and reference check prior to appointment. Background checks may include national criminal, financial, traffic, civil, education, and/or experience checks or any other checks related to the job assignment. Fingerprint background checks and pre-employment drug testing may also be required for some positions.
- This position is primarily a teleworking position. The selected candidate will be responsible to provide and maintain a home office or other suitable remote work location as well as internet and a secure Wi-Fi connection.
- All performance expectations, productivity, and policy adherence requirements apply to remote work from home in exactly the same manner as they are to employees who are assigned to report to a department office building location. Employee may be required to report to the main office.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
Applicants are to apply online. Supplemental Information
APPLICATION, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS
E-mail Address: All correspondence regarding your status in the selection/examination process will be conducted via Complete Online Application -detailing how your experience and education meet the stated minimum and preferred qualifications of the job. "See Resume" statements will not be accepted in lieu of a properly completed application.
A "Complete Application" must include:
- Complete Online Application detailing how your experience and education meet the stated minimum and preferred qualifications of the job. "See Resume" statements will not be accepted.
- Cover Letter detailing how your experience and/or education meet the stated minimum and preferred qualifications of the job
- Resume detailing summary of work history
- Completed Supplemental Questionnaire found at the end of the online application
- College Transcripts (when requested, or when using education to meet minimum qualifications) a copy of your official or unofficial transcripts showing that your degree has been conferred and the name of your school, or your National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) accreditation.
The online application will be used to determine if you meet the Minimum Qualification requirements.It is imperative that you read the Minimum Qualifications and make certain that job duties and education (if applicable) in your online application "draw correlations" to the Minimum Qualifications. Human Resources Analysts will not infer you meet the Minimum Qualifications if experience isn't detailed in the application. *Years of experience will be expressed in terms of full-time equivalent service with full-time workload equal to one (1) Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) year. No more than 1.00 FTE year may be credited in any twelve (12) month period. Positions working 40 hours or less per week will be pro-rated (30 hrs/wk=0.75 FTE=9 mos credit; 20 hrs/wk=0.5 FTE=6 mos credit; 10 hrs/wk=0.25 FTE=3 mos credit.)*
The state personnel system as defined by the Colorado Constitution requires that all jobs within the classified system be filled through comparative analysis. The number and types of comparative analysis will depend on the position being filled as well as the number of qualified applicants. You may be considered for vacancies only if you have successfully completed the comparative analysis process. A comparative analysis is a process that compares specific job-related knowledge, skills, abilities, behaviors and other competencies. The process can include multiple components including structured interviews, application/resume review, oral panel examinations, written objective tests (multiple-choice, true/false), written narrative tests, performance tests, training and/or experience evaluations, or physical capacity tests.
HOW TO APPLY: Thank you for your interest. Submit an on-line application by clicking the link below or submit a State of Colorado Application for Announced Vacancy and all supplemental questions according to the instructions provided below. Failure to submit a complete and timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that application materials are received by the appropriate Human Resources office before the closing date and time listed above.
TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED: An unofficial copy of transcripts must be submitted at the time of application. Transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be assessed for U.S. equivalency by a NACES educational credential evaluation service. This documentation is the responsibility of the applicant and must be included as part of your application materials. Failure to provide a transcript or credential evaluation report may result in your application being rejected and you will not be able to continue in the selection process for this announcement.
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment Guidelines for EDI Compliance for Job Announcements in CO-Jobs Prepared by: Department of Personnel & Administration Division of Human Resources, Consulting Services Page 1 of 3 January 29, 2020 opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
The Colorado Department of Revenue is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our ADAAA Coordinator, Jacqueline Brown-Tremble [email protected]
Warehouse Person (Loader) FT/EveningsPepsiCo$23.65 an hourJob details Salary $23.65 an hour Job Type Full-time Full Job Description $23.65 per hour CLICK HERE to view our Warehouse Person (Loader) Realistic Job Preview3 day agoShareColdwater, MI
GENERAL CLERK III / MAIL ROOM SERVICES (DA)MelwoodJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description **This Position is set aside for a person with a disability. Proof of disability is required prior to3 day agoShareWashington, DC
Receptionist/Administrative AssistantA-Clean Chimney$18 - $30 an hourJob details Salary $18 - $30 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Required) Receptionist: 23 day agoShareEverett, WA 98204 (Holly area)
TranscriptionistAllegis TranscriptionJob Description: Since 1996 Allegis has provided premiere transcription services to industry giants through large, long-term contracts. This combination of volume and3 day agoShareRenton, WA 98057
Administrative Asst I - Student Development OfficeEl Camino College$4,101 a monthJob details Salary $4,101 a month Full Job Description Job Detail Job Title: Administrative Asst I - Student Development6 day agoShareTorrance, CA 90506