Manager, US AML Risk Analytics Transaction Monitoring and Rules Development
Requisition ID: 124248
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the US AML Risk Analytics ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. As part of the team the individual will ensure relevant transaction monitoring scenarios and reporting are developed for GBM products that have US AML risk. Understands the profile of businesses and helps the business line to understand and manage these risks (product, customer, geography). Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you? You will be responsible for:
- Managing Rules development and Tuning analysis and execution function for Transaction Monitoring and Risk Analytics program.
- Documenting full-fledged “as-built” Business Requirements Document (BRD) that is inclusive of an executive summary, business case, charter, scope, list of Stakeholders, lines of business, functional definitions, functional requirements, change management, change process, release management, UAT testing. Where applicable BRD will cover: laws and rules, obligations, policies, risk assessments, reporting, printing, user experience, integration process, product support, SLAs and potential vendor bids.
- Participating in TM Model validation activities including product coverage, data quality validation, model effectiveness, rules logic, false positives analysis, increased identification of suspicious activities, thresholds tuning and other relevant activities for effective risk analytics.
- Working with AML Program Office to identify relevant KRIs, Typologies and appropriate regulations for monitoring rules for all products and customers.
- Partnering with technology to develop and review business requirements to ensure effective new and modified TM models are implemented.
- Documenting changes during meetings with the business and technical teams and obtain business and technical sign-off. Plan dates for testing with the technical teams and the business.
- Creating presentations for Senior Management, internal and external auditors, regulators. Prepare status reporting, minutes, lessons learned, mitigation plans.
- Overall developing high level of subject matter expertise within AML Risk Analytics area and provide Director TM Risk Analytics solid Business Analysis to carry out BAU tasks and Strategic projects within AML/ATF area.
- Must be able to create PowerPoint decks and committee presentations.
- Actively pursuing effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Championing a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We'd love to work with you, if you have:
Minimum of 3-5 years in financial services operations and AML/ATF compliance;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, related field or equivalent experience;
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Mantas, Statistical analysis, Sampling, R, Python.
- Strong knowledge of excel macros, MI reporting, Data queries and business intelligence.
- ACAMS certified preferred;
- Knowledge of Fenergo, Fircosoft, Hotscan and NLP is preferred.
- Strong communications, analytical and organizational skills;
- Strong knowledge of banking industry including capital markets, products, operations, systems, and organization; and
- Strong Knowledge of AML/ATF regulatory requirements and expectations.
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
CaregiverCaring Senior Service of Lakewood$18.50 - $20.00 an hourWe are looking for hard working and dedicated caregivers to join our team! At Caring Senior Service of Lakewood, we know that it’s the method in which service is53 minute agoShareDenver, CO 80215
Laundry AttendantComfort Inn McAlesterEstimated $21.3K - $26.9K a yearHighgate Hotels: Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the2 hour agoShareMcAlester, OK 74501
Administrative Assistant - 10 MonthRandolph Public School DistrictUp to $28.72 an hourThe Donovan Elementary School Principal's Administrative Assistant is a full-time school year position.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *Oversee, coordinate, organize and3 hour agoShareRandolph, MA 02368
Customer Service8 Remote WorkPhysician HealthCare NetworkWe build comprehensive patient access solutions that accelerate the commercialization and rapid adoption of truly innovative procedures. We are currently looking for a3 hour agoShareRemote in New York, NY 10009
CaregiverJEVS Care at Home$15 - $16 an hourNEW HIRE BONUS - $525.00 - please apply and we are excited to hear from you! When you love helping people, it can be hard to find an entry-level position3 hour agoShareWarminster, PA 18974