Packing/Shipping (Large) 10AM - 7PM M-F
Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 7209
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Warehouse / Distribution
Work Location : Reno, NV (Whse)
State or Province : Nevada (US-NV)
Potential Work Location : United States : Nevada : Fernley
MSC is growingï¿½and goingï¿½strong. We seek a team player who thrives in a fast-moving environment to properly package materials and products, load and move material, and operate packaging equipment.
HOW YOUï¿½LL CONTRIBUTE
You will have a hands-on role in our warehouse to ensure delivery of our vast product line to our valued customers.
- Verify products and match items to packing slips using item and vendor numbers, descriptions, and quantity through visual inspections, reference manuals or measuring instruments.
- Count and pack items, including DOT regulated materials.
- Fill boxes with packing material, pack and seal items, adhere shipping labels and shrink wrap.
- Create bar code labels using item numbers, scan and apply labels into warehouse computer system, and scan packages for UPS invoicing.
- Audit packages for accuracy or damage.
- Load, unload and move product by hand or by skid.
- Operate basic (i.e., electric pallet jack, forklift) and advanced (i.e., turret truck, order picker) powered equipment.
- Train cross-functionally in other departments and functions to support business requirements.
- Follow safety guidelines at all times, meet specified productivity and quality expectations, and participate in Work Clean program.
The motivated individual we seek should have these qualifications.
- Basic computer skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid state driverï¿½s license, in some instances
- Willingness to work overtime to meet customerï¿½s needs
- Internal certification to drive powered equipment within specified time requirements
- Internal certification to pick DOT-regulated items, if required
- Physical demands to successfully perform essential job functions (reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities): standing, walking, lifting materials up to 75 pounds (individual or team), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, reaching high and low, repetitive twisting or pressure involving wrist and hands, hearing, seeing (depth perception and peripheral vision), mental coordination, mental alertness for entire shift, ability to wear personal protective equipment as required, and ability to operate at heights up to 50 feet
A career at MSC includes generous benefits, rewards and recognition.
- Training and growth opportunities
- Weekends off
- Paid time off including holidays
- Incentive bonuses and shift differential
- Medical, dental, vision, and company-matched 401(k)
People. Collaboration. Insight. Thatï¿½s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your familyï¿½s health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.
PandoLogic. Category: General00 - 0Full-Time
Packaging Machine OperatorFrito-Lay North America$27.75 an hourJob details Salary $27.75 an hour Job Type Full-time Full Job Description The Packaging Machine Operator is responsible for setting up and operating assigned1 hour agoShareFrankfort, IN
Social/ Marketing ManagerPremier Brands Group HoldingsJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager ? ONE Jeanswear Group This position will work directly and report to1 hour agoShareNew York, NY 10018
Packaging Specialist (Senior)Nestle Purina PetCare CompanyJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description We’re a leader in the pet care industry, which means we’re not only ahead in volume, profit, and1 hour agoShareSt. Louis, MO 63105
Movers and DriversTwo Men and a Truck$12 - $15 an hourJob details Salary $12 - $15 an hour Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Movers / Drivers Starting pay range: $12 - $15 per hour + TIPS & more! Are you1 hour agoShareVirginia Beach, VA 23454
Part Packers/Light Assembly $15.00 - $16.75Röchling GroupJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Back Part Packers/Light Assembly $15.00 - $16.75 A job at Full time Professional Level We are looking1 hour agoShareAkron, OH 44312