Performance Test Engineer
We are seeking a Performance Test Engineer to support web application development for our Internal Revenue Service (IRS) client.
The Performance Test Engineer will create and execute performance test scripts for web-based applications. Will identify and troubleshoot performance bottlenecks by working closely with developers and system engineers to remediate findings. Will provide support to product teams in relation to capacity planning as well as tuning of web services etc. to enhance application performance.
Location of work is 100% remote currently due to COVID. Once offices safely reopen the candidate will be able to work primarily remote in DC area, but should be available to attend meetings once a week at the IRS facility in Lanham MD.
*This position is contingent on contract award.
PROJECT SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (or additional four  years of related experience in lieu of degree) required
- At least three (3) years of related work experience required
- Experience with Performance Testing Tool Scripting/Test Execution (IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT), LoadRunner, etc.)
- Experience documenting test results to be presented to client leadership
- Experience identifying application bottlenecks and advising the team for resolution
- Experience with Load, Stress and endurance testing
- Experience with performance engineering of Web Applications (Java JVM Tuning, Capacity Planning, etc.)
- APM tool experience (Splunk, AppDynamics, etc.)
- Preferred qualifications include Cloud and Linux experience.
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
- Candidates must meet requirements to obtain and maintain an IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS MBI is a plus)
- Candidates must be a US Citizen and Federal Tax compliant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Team Lead/ Manager to develop plans, schedules, and present time estimation for testing activities to be performed.
- Coordinate the testing activities of test resources against project test plans and test schedules.
- Write and implement manual and automated QA test plans, using technical requirements or design specifications, and produce automated test cases.
- Research all automated testing technology and assist with implementation of appropriate tools.
- Investigate, recommend, implement and manage automated testing tools.
- Implement performance testing and analyze results of performance tests.
- Develop and implement testing for technical and development projects.
- Participate and support the acceptance test activities working in a fast-paced environment.
- Conduct detailed analysis of test results found through both manual and automated testing.
- Investigate and propose methods and standards for continuous process improvement.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of related work experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Computer Professional Job Profile
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
MI Special Educator (hiring all levels) - Permanently OnlineK12 IncUp to $44,600 a yearJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description This position is permanently work-from-home.Must be a certified in MIMust live anywhere in MILaptop, internet3 hour agoShareAcme, MI 49610
Secretary- 12 MonthsJoliet Public Schools District 86Job details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description POSITION: Secretary Position Guide: Non – Certified Personnel Full Time 8 Hours 12 Months3 hour agoShareJoliet, IL 60435
Packaging Machine OperatorFrito-Lay North America$27.75 an hourJob details Salary $27.75 an hour Job Type Full-time Full Job Description The Packaging Machine Operator is responsible for setting up and operating assigned3 hour agoShareFrankfort, IN
Haven SalesMassMutualJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Haven Life is an insurtech innovator, backed and wholly owned by MassMutual that creatively uses technology to3 hour agoShareUnited States
Call Center ReceptionistSeton Medical Center Harker HeightsJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Responsible for answering calls, managing physician schedules, represents the company with a positive and3 hour agoShareHarker Heights, TX 76548