Pineview - Department Leader (Full-Time)
Welcome! We're glad you're interested in working for Megaplex Theatres. Please read the information below carefully so that you completely understand our available positions, perks, and expectations.
Department Leader Position
We need new talent who champions our mission of enriching lives. We need someone who passionately seeks to make our company the best place in town to work and do business. We need an inclusive leader who embodies our values of stewardship, hard work, service, and integrity. We believe you have what it takes to be a phenomenal department leader!
- Manage daily operations of the assigned theatre department
- Teach and provide an example of outstanding guest service
- Resolve guest complaints in a thoughtful, friendly manner
- Promote cooperative effort, positive spirit, and good morale amongst the team. Our guests and employees should feel like VIP's!
- Plan and forecast labor and product for maximum efficiency
- Perform daily cash and coupon audits to ensure vault accuracy. Cash out tills, build nightly deposit, perform pick-ups and drops from in use tills during hours of operation, and ensure vault security
- Lead the team in the cleaning of auditoriums, lobby, food court, and hallways in a timely manner
- Run daily inspections and periodic audits to check safety of equipment, and to ensure that food is accurately stored, maintained and served
- Continuously seek out methods to improve department operations
- World-class guest service and outstanding time management skills
- Superb interpersonal skills to train, motivate, and empower team members
- Solid understanding of computerized ticketing and POS systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems related to digital cinema
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Food Safety Protection Manager Certification may be required if selected for this role
What Will Make You Successful
Stewardship: You are accountable and humble. You will take ownership of yourself, your staff, metrics, and decisions regardless of failure or success. Always take more responsibility for the blame and less than your share of the credit.
Hard Work: You take initiative to get things done without being asked. You are ultra-observant of the team, guests, and theatre needs. Your attention to detail is impeccable. You efficiently manage time for optimal performance. When obstacles arise, you expertly drive sound decision making and problem solving. You have exceptional communication skills; especially with critical conversations (providing candid feedback), motivating others, and delegating; your team always knows what is expected of them.
Integrity: You have a proven history of dedication to honesty in the workplace. You consistently create trust and build credibility by keeping your words and actions aligned with our mission, vision, and values.
Service: You champion kindness and empathy and encourage your team by example. You have experience encouraging excellence in others. You understand organizational distinctions and thoughtfully navigate the supervisor-to-team member relationship. You bring sincere passion for our values, business, and team. You make every guest and employee feel that they are the most important person of the moment.
Why Work at Megaplex?
- It's fun! We love movies; the film industry is our passion.
- It's rewarding! Our guests love coming here, which makes our jobs even more enjoyable.
- Awesome perks!
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Opportunities to transfer to other Larry H. Miller owned companies
- Scholarship opportunities.
What are the Challenges of the Job?
We work hard and we work late, but it's satisfying!
We want to give our guests the best film experience possible. To do this, our jobs demand being fast paced and require long hours of walking, standing and guest interaction. Employees consistently work until midnight and can sometimes work until 2:00am on busy weekends (or busy $5 Tuesday's!) It's hard, but satisfying work. (Employees ages 14-15 do not work as late.)
We work when others play; but we make it fun!
Employees are required to be available for work on 3 of the 4 following weekdays and all major Holidays: Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays (Typically only 1-2 Sunday's per month). Typically, employees will not work all of these days every week; however, our employees must be available to work on these days to help deliver great guest service to the large number of guests we receive.
What Positions are Available? (Availability of departments fluctuates based on need)
- Food Court - Our largest department. Those who work in the food court can expect a lot of guest service interaction, cash handling, making concessions, and cleaning.
- Floor Team - Arguably our most physically intense department. The floor team quickly cleans each auditorium before the start of every film. They also ensure the cleanliness of our lobbies and restrooms, etc. Floor Department Leader's also assist in building film schedules and addressing projection issues.
- Box Office - Our smallest department. in this department you can expect to handle ticket sales, refunds, loading gift cards, and to be the main point of contact for guests at the theatre. Not every theatre has an active Box Office team. Some theatre's combine the functions of the Floor and Box Office team into one central department called Operations.
- General Department Leader - General Department Leader's participate in all functions of the three main departments. This position usually operates in our smaller locations (i.e. Gateway, Cottonwood, Southern Utah)
What are the working regulations for employees 16 years of age and older?
According to the Department of Labor, at 16 years of age, youth may be employed for unlimited hours in any occupation other than one declared to be hazardous by the Secretary of Labor. The FLSA does not limit the number of hours or times of day for workers 16 years and older. www.dol.gov
What are the hours of operation?
Theatre operation hours can be between 6am-2am. We typically have two working shifts: morning and evening. Average morning hours start between 9am-10am, and last until 5pm-6pm. Average evening shifts start between 3pm-6pm. Employees who work evening shifts consistently work until midnight and can sometimes work until 2:00am on busy weekends (or busy $5 Tuesday's!) If there is a slow night, there is the possibility of leaving work early. Employees ages 14-15 will only be scheduled limited hours as previously indicated in the working hours regulations section.
Do I have to work Holidays?
We work on holidays, but we make it fun! If there's a holiday, you can guarantee that all our employees will be working. The good news is that on holidays we schedule shorter shifts, you receive time-and-a-half pay, and typically we provide delicious food for you to enjoy throughout the day.
Do I have to work when large, popular films are released?
Large film releases, also known as "black out" days, are just as busy as holidays, you can guarantee that all our employees will be working. These events are high energy and a lot of fun!
What are the perks?
All of our positions have awesome perks, including: free movie tickets for every film, discounts on concessions, and perks through other Larry H. Miller entities. One of the best perks is working in a fun environment; both our guests and employees love to be here!
Are there advancement and transferring opportunities?
Our goal is help each employee reach their potential. In order to achieve this, we do offer opportunities to advance to management levels. We also advocate for our employees who transfer to other Larry H. Miller entities in pursuit of their career goals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Housekeeper- Hyatt High Sierra LodgeMasterCorp Inc.From $19 an hourOverview: Kick-off your hospitality career with MasterCorp, the industry leader in housekeeping and hospitality services! Join an amazing team of hard-working,37 minute agoShareIncline Village, NV 89451+79 locations
Food service staffNew Horizons Children's Center of Superior$12.50 - $14.25 an hourSummary General Position Description The food service staff prepares food and serves meals and snacks to center children. The food service staff is responsible for38 minute agoShareSuperior, WI 54880
Food Service Worker** Contracted through AramarkCedar Hill ISDEstimated $24K - $30.4K a yearThe Food Service Worker will assist the manager with food/meal preparation; maintain cash receipts and meal records. Assist manager in completing daily reports. Maintain38 minute agoShareCedar Hill, TX 75104+1 location
Customer Service Representative (FT)iQor$13 - $16 an hourCustomer Service Representative (Day-Mid-Late) $13-$16/hr! YOUR NEW CAREER AWAITS. WORK AT HOME AFTER ONSITE TRAINING! Pay rates starting at $13 - $16 an hour!1 hour agoShareAllentown, PA 18106+6 locations
General Cleaner - Location VariesHi-Tec Building Services$18 - $20 an hourHi-Tec Building Services is the foremost leader in janitorial cleaning services in the state of Michigan. Hi-Tec has been providing cleaning services to Michigan Clients1 hour agoShareGrand Rapids, MI