Job details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description
Reference Code: 94361
Location: United States (US) - Houston, TX Job Category: Engineering Employment Type: Employee Full-time Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program Application Deadline: 10/29/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, innovation, responsibility, collaboration and integrity, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
The Project Developer is responsible for producing scopes of work, cost estimates, schedules, cash flows, and risk analysis for prospective projects. Client groups include Business Development, Facilities Design, and Innovation.
What you'll do
- Work with project engineering, SMEs, stakeholder teams, and (where applicable) third party firms to develop technical scope of work
- Leverage experience in metering and regulation design engineering and construction, knowledge of typical industry regulatory practices to evaluate proposed projects and projects alternatives
- Work with Cost Estimating team to produce estimates for various levels of scope definition maturity
- Develop preliminary of project milestone schedules for interconnect projects
- Develop preliminary project spend forecast for full project lifecycle
- Develop project overview summaries for review by Project Delivery leadership teams
- Develop the deliverables required for the project specific stage gates
- Support project status reporting and monthly forecasting for projects in development
- Support document control for projects in development
- Participate in project risk assessments and lessons learned activities
- Support Client by preparing all Decision Summaries needed for preliminary funding and, where applicable, full project sanctioning
- Maintain Safety as the foundation for all activities; exhibits commitment to the health and safety of our employees and our communities by adhering to the highest standards of safety as growth opportunities are explored and within and around our facilities and property
- Develop project feasibility studies, project risk analyses, and conceptual, preliminary and detail design work
- Coordinate with Project Execution and Project Governance to complete PDS deliverables required to advance project to execution, where applicable
- Work with various groups on initiatives and benchmarking
- Other tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering degree preferred)
- Knowledge of engineering design standards and applicable natural gas industry codes and regulations- must stay current on technology, industry standards and material
- Applicable gas industry regulatory experience (working knowledge of federal regulatory knowledge, state regulatory knowledge, and natural gas market knowledge)
- Requires the ability to read and understand technical documents
- Familiar with the various classes of estimates, associated accuracy ranges, and inputs required
- Analytical, communication, and facilitation skills
- Familiar with quantitative risk analysis process and data
- Ability to work independently and meet Client deadlines
- High organizational IQ – understands how company is structured, the roles and responsibilities of various departments, and what teams need to be consulted when developing projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively present information to senior leaders and Client groups
- Skilled in Microsoft family products (Excel, Word, etc.).
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 10/29/2021 using reference code 94361. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Thank you for choosing to grow your career with TC Energy.
Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
- Consistent with our employment practices, we reserve the right to consider the cost of relocation when making internal hiring decisions.
Product safety management for Global Product Stewardship Fabric and Home Care (F&HC)Procter & GambleJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Consumer safety and global compliance are of the utmost importance to the Company. We are looking to recruit a19 hour agoShareSaint Bernard, OH 45216
Project SuperintendentsSan Joaquin Valley HomesWe are seeking experienced Residential Project Superintendents to join our team. The ideal candidates will have great organizational, computer, communication and23 hour agoShareVisalia, CA 93291+2 locations
Global New Market Entry Lead (remote- USA)LululemonWho we are lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and1 day agoShareRemote
Data Entry AnalystCogentJob details Salary $20 - $25 an hour Job Type Contract Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Microsoft Excel/ Spreadsheets: 2 years (Required) Data1 day agoShareDayton, OH 45414
Customer SalesEclectic LinkJob details Salary $10 - $13 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Contract Number of hires for this role On-going need to fill this role Qualifications US work1 day agoShare+1 locationRemote