Project Manager, PharmedOut - Georgetown University Medical Center
Project Manager, PharmedOut - Georgetown University Medical Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
PharmedOut is a Georgetown University Medical Center project that researches inappropriate pharmaceutical company marketing practices and educates healthcare providers on rational prescribing. The Project Manager holds a variety of research, administrative, and management responsibilities for PharmedOut's many concurrent projects and diverse teams. S/he conducts background research on various projects and drafts, edits, and fact checks written materials for research, fundraising, grants, and communications. The incumbent handles finances, manages budgets, coordinates team scheduling, and manages human resources responsibilities like recruiting, onboarding, training, and supervising interns, student employees, and volunteers. Interacting with other staff, faculty, administrative staff, physicians and other healthcare providers, graduate and medical students, interns, contractors, volunteers, government offices, NGOs, and other entities, the Project Manager has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
- Manages office administration and office communication, including day to day tasks, multiple budgets, and longer term outreach projects and efforts.
- Handles office and email traffic, fields reporters and other calls, and coordinates a network of local and remote volunteers.
- Conducts background research for papers, prepares and edits manuscripts, and drafts publications, newsletters, grant applications, letters, promotional materials, and other materials as needed.
- Plans and implements the large international annual conference and other events.
- Supervises research assistants and interns and coordinates all PharmedOut research projects.
- Manages the DC Center for Rational Prescribing (DCRx) project, including researching, drafting, and fact checking continuing education modules; tracking expenses, creating invoices, managing the budget, handling contract implementation, organizing and implementing workgroup meetings, handling slide production, coordinating with graphics designer, managing filming of modules, and managing film editing.
- Assists with writing and research projects, including grant proposals and reports, articles, studies, and press releases.
- Writes, edits, and distributes monthly newsletter and conducts library research, writing, fact checking, editing, proofreading, and manuscript production.
- Maintains the PharmedOut website and Facebook and Twitter pages, including supervising the webmaster, identifying potential content, monitoring and compiling media mentions, PharmedOut publications, and relevant resources to create webpage and social media updates.
- Plans meetings, logistics, and speaker travel and lodging; applies for CME accreditation, manages publicity and invitations, processes contracts and invoices, manages registrations for conference and banquet, coordinates volunteers, arranges audiovisual needs, and oversees post-conference production of DVDs and transcripts.
- Provides administrative assistance to Dr. Adriane Fugh-Berman, the director of the project, and assists with other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous managerial or administrative experience
- Excellent organizational skills and editing, writing, and research skills
- Experience with verbal and written communications, and a skilled writer able to communicate to different audiences for varied purposes
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task, and problem-solve on a number of distinct tasks
- Flexible with the ability to interact positively with diverse personalities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite; Knowledge of Wordpress, HTML, reference management software and/or graphics software a plus
- Interest in public health or medicine and fundraising experience a plus
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or *****@georgetown.edu.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Medical-Center/Project-Manager--PharmedOut---Georgetown-University-Medical-Center_JR08369-1
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
Cartoon Artist - 1 project/contractOhio Pro SolutionsJob details Salary $20 - $35 an hour Job Type Part-time Contract Number of hires for this role 1 Full Job Description We are looking for a contractor to provide15 minute agoShareRemote
Front Desk AgentFairfield Inn & SuitesJob details Salary $12 - $13 an hour Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 3 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Preferred) Microsoft Office: 115 minute agoShareIrving, TX 75062
Appointment Setters Needed - Growing Call Center (Base + Comm.)Upgrade Your Home CaliforniaJob details Salary $13 - $14 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 10+ Qualifications High school or equivalent (Preferred) Sales Experience:15 minute agoShareKerman, CA
Adult CompanionTrays Home Health Care LLCJob details Salary $14 - $19 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Number of hires for this role 3 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Required) US work3 hour agoShareBrooklyn Park, MN 55428
Social Media MarketerPersona Link LLC.Job details Salary $45,000 - $60,000 a year Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 2 Qualifications Social media marketing: 1 year5 hour agoShareIrvine, CA 92618