OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Responsible for providing moderately complex telephonic nursing assessment, evaluation and advice to patients through the use of established and approved telehealth protocols with physician oversight.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate HealthCare Partners (HCP) commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Performs comprehensive telephonic patient assessment, evaluation and advice while meeting production standards.
- Follows established clinical protocols/guidelines and provides appropriate patient instructions.
- Directs patient to appropriate levels of care based on assessment within HealthCare Partners (HCP) guidelines.
- Documents authorizations for vendors and/or outside services as appropriate.
- Instructs patients on procedural preparations.
- Provides health education to patients and their families.
- Documents and maintains records of telephonic interactions.
- Completes medical documentation of telephonic assessment and disposition in Telehealth Record.
- Notifies pharmacies of new prescriptions and authorizations of refills as ordered by the clinician or via pharmacy protocols.
- Acts as a lead nurse as assigned.
- Performs representative duties in the absence of a representative (see Patient Support Center Representative job description).
- Initiates and completes a CSR as appropriate.
- Completes documentation of end-of-shift report.
- Participates in quality monitoring process.
- Translates oral information into concise and accurate written documentation using standard medical guidelines and abbreviations.
- Manages own work queues.
- Recognizes financial, medical and legal risks based on data collected during customer interactions and follows appropriate procedures.
- Demonstrates customer service-oriented behavior at all times.
- Acts as a mentor as requested by supervisor.
- Expedites emergency calls as needed.
- Accesses Language Line for non-English patients as needed.
- Attends regular staff meetings and seminars as scheduled.
- Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing.
- Current California RN license.
- PALS certification within 6 months of hire.
- Bachelors degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college preferred.
- Telehealth certification preferred.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross).
- Additional ACLS certifications preferred.
- Over 3 years and up to and including 5 years of experience.
- 1 year critical care or emergency room experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Must pass Patient Support Center screening test.
- Computer literate.
- ACD telephone skills.
- Ability to type 25 wpm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in standard English.
- Telephone etiquette.
- Ability to concurrently perform multiple tasks.
What's the first thing that happens when one of the leading independent medical groups in the country comes together with a global leader in health care? Opportunity. With
DaVita Medical Group, HealthCare Partners, The Everett Clinic, Northwest Physicians Network, MountainView Medical Group
Magan Medical Clinic
family of companies, people like you will find increasing levels of challenge, impact and professional success. We're changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do
your life's best work.(SM)
Careers with OptumCare.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. OptumCare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here youll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do
your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Member Scheduling Coordinator (Contact Center)ReadyAbout Us Ready is an on-demand mobile health service that delivers non-emergency care directly to patients. To accomplish this, Ready sends a trained health1 week agoShare+1 locationRemote
Freelance Healthcare Professional Writer, ClinicianGoodRxGoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, 20 million people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare1 week agoShareRemote
VP, Clinical Research & DevelopmentAMCHealthJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Job Details Remote Type Fully Remote Position Type Full Time Education Level 4 Year Degree Travel06-09-2021ShareRemote
CounselorPersonal Visions Counseling and Wellness, LLC$35 - $50 an hourJob details Salary $35 - $50 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Contract Number of hires for this role 2 Full Job Description Master's Level30-08-2021ShareManchester, NH 03104
Medical Billing SpecialistGearing Up Counseling Centers$18 - $30 an hourJob details Salary $18 - $30 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Medical Billing: 1 year (Preferred) Full Job29-08-2021SharePlano, TX 75075