Retail Associate (seasonal)
Hourly Rate: $15 per hour
Minimum hiring age: 16+ years old
Employees can purchase from our portfolio of brands at discounted prices.
Weekend Pay Incentive: Employees who work Saturday and Sunday shifts between October 1, 2022 - December 31, 2022, are eligible for a bonus of $1 per weekend hour worked, paid in January 2023. Employees must remain employed through December 31, 2022, to earn the bonus.
Employee Referral bonus: Employees who successfully refer a friend or family member for employment at Columbia Sportswear Company are eligible to receive a $100 referral bonus once the new hire has successfully completed 30 days of employment. The referring employee must still be employed by Columbia Sportswear Company at the time the referral bonus would be payable to earn it.
$100 Holiday Appreciation Bonus: Employees hired on or before November 21st who remain actively employed through December 31, 2022, will earn this bonus.
- All cash incentives and rewards are subject to established eligibility criteria and are subject to applicable tax withholdings and deductions.
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
With over 430 retail stores worldwide, our associates are essential to our business. From ensuring product availability on the sales floor to creating eye-catching visual displays to addressing customer inquiries to running an efficient check out process, our associates create memorable customer experiences while simultaneously assisting the Store Leadership team support Columbia Sportswear Company’s mission of “Connecting Active People with Their Passions.”
As a Retail Associate you’ll serve as a brand ambassador and ensure exceptional in-store experiences through positive customer interaction. Within this role you will employ your natural problem solving and sales abilities to answer customer questions and make compelling product recommendations while supporting Columbia Sportswear Companies values to enhance customer service and teamwork. HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Provide exceptional customer service by responding to consumer questions or issues regarding product features, benefits and availability; engage with consumers to understand their needs and preferences (e.g., demonstrate and explain merchandise, make suggestions on suitable options for consumers etc.).
- Maintain store standards for visual merchandising, cleanliness, safety; retrieves merchandise from sales floor, stock room, or other inventory locations.
- Perform all required cash register transactions (e.g., sales, returns, exchanges, connecting consumer to loyalty program) efficiently and accurately.
- Contribute to store profitability by receiving, handling, replenishing and processing incoming and outgoing product flow in the stores accurately and efficiently
- No specific education required (High School Diploma or GED preferred)
- 2 (or less) years of experience in position or specialization
- Skill operating a Point of Sales (POS) system, other in-store computerized systems, and telephone
- Frequently in a more active environment (i.e., requires ability to constantly move about) that can be physical or strenuous in nature (frequently adjusting/moving items weighing up to 40 lbs.), may frequently use specialized equipment, may have exposure to dust and noise
- Occasionally requires the ability to work in place
- Ability to clearly communicate with others
- Availability to work a flexible, often changing retail schedule to support needs of the business which may change seasonally and in response to business trends or forecasts
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Store ManagerH&M$67,004 - $75,379 a yearFull-timeWeekend availability +1Company Description Hiring Immediately! At H&M, we welcome you to be yourself and challenge you to grow and make a difference. You’ll take on new28 minute agoShareWoodbridge, VA 22192
Client Engagement AssociateT. Rowe PriceEstimated $57.3K - $72.6K a yearFull-timeThere is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment39 minute agoShareOwings Mills, MD
70118-LP DetectiveMarshallsFull-timeAll 1,000 of our Marshalls stores embrace discovery, from designer luggage to statement shoes. Our assortment of brands is always changing, but our mission to provide39 minute agoShareNicholasville, KY 40356+15 locations
Welfare Fraud Investigator (Entry/Journey DOQ)County of Solano$41.92 - $50.96 an hourFull-timeWHY JOIN US AT SOLANO COUNTY? COMMITMENT TO SERVICE: Our mission is to serve the people and to provide a safe and healthy place to live, learn, work and play. We1 hour agoShareSolano County, CA
Bookseller - TemporaryBarnes & NobleTemporaryTitle: Bookseller - Temporary Category: Retail EmploymentType: Temporary Location: NJ - Clifton - Clifton - 2932 LocationType: retail JobLocation: Clifton, New3 hour agoShareClifton, NJ 07014