School Aide Posting - IS 125Q Thomas J. McCann Woodside Intermediate School
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the principal or of a teacher, relieves teachers of school activities which do not require teaching or other professional skills
- Relieves teachers such as yard, hall, lavatory, study hall and other monitorial and patrol duties
- Handles, stores, and distributes text books, instructional supplies and special materials
- Assists with clerical work of a routine nature
- Assists in maintaining order in the lunchroom and facilitates lunch service
- Maintains school inventories
- Assists with school clerical work of a routine nature.
- Checks reports, notes, library lists, etc.
- Handles the arrival and departure of children transported to school by bus.
- Receives the children in the lunchroom, directs them in washing, in disposal of wraps, and in lining up for lunch service.
- Additional duties as requested by teacher or principals
- Facilitates the service of lunch to young children. Assists older children in obtaining lunch. Oversees the return of dishes and utensils and the disposal of refuse.
Minimum Selection Criteria
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrated ability to work with supervisors and other school-based staff
- Demonstrated history of good human relations
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently carry out assignments
- Bilingual candidates may be considered for schools with student or familial language needs
Anticipated Work Schedule
Monday-Friday. Hours vary by school. Minimum of 4 Hours per day, five days per week
As Per Collective Bargaining Agreement
Anticipated positions are subject to final budgetary approval. All applicants are subject to a fingerprint and background check. Please send cover letter and resume to the school(s) of your choice, no later than 10/18/2022 to:
School: IS 125Q Thomas J. McCann Woodside Intermediate School
Location: 46-02 47th Avenue
Woodside, NY 11377
School Contact: Principal Matthew Borelli
School Email: [email protected]
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
The Department of Education of the City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's actual or perceived sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or pregnancy.
Job Type: Full-time
Intelligence Research SpecialistUS Department of State - Agency Wide$74,950 - $97,430 a yearDuties Collects, organizes, and analyzes intelligence data dealing with suspected fraudulent use of U.S. Consular issued documents. Analyzes data related to34 minute agoShareRosslyn, VA 22209 (Radnor-Ft Myer Heights area)
Customer Service Representative - Nashville AreaCVS Health$17.00 - $27.16 an hourCandidates Need To Br Located in TN will have a Hybrid work schedule and will need to report into the office Customer Service Representative is the face of Aetna and34 minute agoShareHybrid remote in Indiana+8 locations
Customer Service Representative- Duals- RemoteCVS Health$17.00 - $27.16 an hourWe are currently recruiting top talent for our Center of Excellence Customer Service group. -Customer Service Representative is the face of Aetna and impacts members'42 minute agoShareGeorgia
Remote Customer Service RepresentativeQuadientFrom $18 an hourFull-timeQuadient has been helping customers since 1924. (That’s right, almost 100 years!) We are the driving force behind the world’s most meaningful customer42 minute agoShareRemote in Milford, CT 06461
Onboarding Specialist (Part-Time)Medcor Inc$17 - $19 an hourPart-timeAre you detail orientated and organized? Do you routinely engage in conversations with everyone you meet? Do you like job perks, good pay, and growth potential? If so,42 minute agoShareRemote