Skip Tracer / Investigator - For Those Who Like the Hunt
This Scottsdale law firm is seeking THREE Skip Tracers. Ideally these are full-time positions, but for the first time ever, we will consider part-time applicants as well. One caveat: client compliance requires that you work on-site.
A Skip Tracer's job here is to find people and assets. It is quite likely that you have only done this if you have worked at a collection agency, a collection law firm, an insurance company, or a vendor for one of those companies.
You may have heard this described other places as an Asset Researcher or Investigator. This type of work is often times ancillary to the duties of a Collector. In fact, all of our skip tracers here are ex-collectors that got burned out from talking to people, but liked the quiet hunt. After a year here, they get REALLY GOOD at finding things.
More specifically, a skip tracer's day may look like this:
- Roll in at 6, or 7, or 8, or 9 am, depending on how you set your schedule and if you want to deal with traffic.
- Check the workload from your supervisor.
- Work these 10 accounts pre-suit accounts to look for Employment, Property, or reasons to sue them. If yes, set them suit up for the Litigation Department to take over.
- Catch a department meeting, get some training on a new tool or client.
- Then, work these 8 fresh judgment accounts, verifying the suit reasons from 6 months ago and setting up garnishments and recordings for those departments to take over.
- Have lunch out in the breezeway. Or at your desk.
- Then, process these 15 employment hits to set up suits or garnishments.
- Then, respond to some requests from other departments.
- Then, spend an hour on this one "deep skip" because the attorney thinks something is out there worth finding.
- Roll out at 3, or 4, or 5, or 6 pm.
You will be utilizing a large assortment of public and private databases. Though you will use the phone occasionally, it is not really for calling consumers. You get LOTS of discretion, training and oversight by a department supervisor, and a fair amount of in-house attorney contact. Experience is required. Expect to demonstrate some of these skills in front of me on an account, during the interview.
Aside from the occasional project that is optional and pays overtime, nights and weekends are basically off the table. Most staff members flex their schedule to take off two Fridays per month... collectors and attorneys included. Do you know any happy attorneys living balanced lives? You should meet ours.
This ad is not designed to throw ten workers onto the floor, only to have one left by summertime. We're looking for a few good skip tracers now and we want you to be at our family picnic in five years. If that is something you want, you should apply.
Things to consider:
- The location: 11445 E. Via Linda, Scottsdale, AZ 85259. PLEASE MAP THIS, as it is quite a daily drive from the suburban edges of Phoenix.
- The pay as posted. If you apply, I assume you are good with the hourly rate because that is what the position pays.
- Criminal background issues do not result in automatic rejection. They are reviewed and discussed one-by-one. Some things matter, some things don't.
I don't want to sound harsh but this isn't a job for an attorney or soon-to-be-attorney. If you are a JD, will not be practicing, and understand the pay scale, then please put that in your response and I'll honestly consider you.
If you just read this whole ad and thought "Um, that's exactly what I am good at!" then jackpot. Tell me that in your reply. We look forward to meeting you.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Law Firm or Insurance Company: 1 year (Preferred)
- Skip Trace, Collection, or Investigation: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Scottsdale, AZ (Required)
- United States (Required)
- If you are a part-time applicant, please describe your proposed work schedule. If you are a full-time applicant, just type FT.
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Bad A$S General ManagerTrufl Inc$80,000 - $100,000 a yearJob details Salary $80,000 - $100,000 a year Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 2 Full Job Description "Without new ideas, success can become8 hour agoShareLos Angeles, CA
ON CALL Remote Private InvestigatorCPI LLC$20 - $25 an hourJob details Salary $20 - $25 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Number of hires for this role 5 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Preferred) Private1 day agoShareRemote
Quite Possibly The Most Fun Assistant Job Ever!Jacob Fine Art Portraits$16 - $18 an hourJob details Salary $16 - $18 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Number of hires for this role 2 Qualifications Experience:Customer Service , 1 year5 day agoSharePalm Desert, CA 92211
Senior Associate Researcher - Light and Health Research CenterMount SinaiStrength Through Diversity Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal. Roles & Responsibilities: All living things depend upon light for1 week agoShareNew York, NY
Social Media & Community Manager (Remote)ClareJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description About Clare: We're a modern paint company on a mission to make paint shopping an easier, more inspiring08-10-2021ShareRemote