Staff Assistant - Obstetrics and Gynecology
School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation’s top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Duke University’s Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology has an immediate opening for a motivated individual to fill a Staff Assistant position in their Urogynecology Division.
More information about this division is located at the following link:
Perform responsible administrative and secretarial duties of a complex and confidential nature in support of major departmental or divisional activities to relieve supervisor of varied clerical and administrative responsibilities and to maintain efficiency in organizational operations.
- General office management: calendar management, travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, general correspondence, and ordering supplies.
- Schedule and coordinate arrangements for seminars, conferences and speaking engagements for providers.
- Attend meetings to take minutes, provide information and serve as a resource person.
- Coordinate and update provider(s) schedules using to Outlook and Qgenda to coordinate clinical, research and administrative efforts and maximize productivity.
- Educates all new Providers on access related organizational structures, procedures, and Practice Standards. Support the Chief in the timely management of all communications, both written and verbal with a variety of constituents; compose emails, letters, and statements independently requiring interpretation and application of University policies, rules and regulations and monitoring follow up with all distributions that require answers, responses, and written replies.
- Compose emails independently requiring interpretation and application of departmental policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Submit Employee Travel & Reimbursement expenditures on behalf of providers, ensuring appropriate cost objects and GLs are used and expenditures have necessary documentation, are allowable, and are cleared by established deadlines. Use of CONCUR to manage expense reimbursement.
- Support research projects and productivity by editing manuscripts specifically related to PubMed/literature search, reference management using software such as EndNotes and preparation of Powerpoint presentations.
- Assist division with coordination and completion of FMLA and disability forms, dependent upon inpatient and outpatient. Acts as a liaison between front desk staff and providers for urgent appointments and access to care.
- Submit schedule change requests using Service Now and Q-Genda. Reschedule patients that need to be cancelled within 45 days of the clinic date.
- Make appointments or proper referrals according to instructions and procedures; prepare documents and materials for clinics and/or patient admissions as requested.
- Call patients to prepare for upcoming appointments. Pull documentation as needed. Manage incoming and outgoing faxes and external records requests and medical records
- Schedule patients for surgery by entering case requests and coordinating with financial care counselors and OR scheduling staff at each OR location.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
- Open to learning new technology and software.
- Excellent verbal, written communi cation skills and detail orientation.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Able to plan strategically, use all resources to solveproblems and anticipate needs.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires four years of related secretarial/clerical OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
SuperintendentRichmond American HomesJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Overview: BREAK GROUND ON A REWARDING CAREER WITH US! At MDC Holdings, Inc./Richmond American Homes, we5 hour agoShareTucson, AZ 85706+22 locations
Executive Assistant to the President & CEONew Jersey Community CapitalReporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as5 hour agoShareNew Brunswick, NJ 08901+1 location
Senior IS Project Manager - Temporary - 12 monthsProvidenceJob details Job Type Full-time Temporary Full Job Description Description: Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior IS Project Manager PSJH to our location6 hour agoShareRenton, WA 98057
Service Desk ManagerSAIC$75,001 - $100,000 a yearJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Job ID: 2115753 Location: OAK RIDGE , TN , US Date Posted: 2021-10-18 Category: Information6 hour agoShareOak Ridge, TN+3 locations
WI22 ENVIRON 310 - Colacino 30%University of MichiganJob details Job Type Part-time Full Job Description How to Apply This is a posting for one Graduate Student Instructor (GSI) at 30% FTE . Please submit the6 hour agoShareAnn Arbor, MI 48109