At H&M, we welcome you to be yourself and challenge you to grow and make a difference.
You’ll take on new responsibilities from day one, learn skills for life, meet friends completely unlike you that make you feel at home, and start finding ways to make your big dreams come true. By living our Values daily and being your authentic self, you help us reimagine the future of an entire industry by making everyone look, feel and do good.
Be yourself & more at H&M.
Overall Job Summary: The Store Manager is responsible for reaching the Sales and Profit goals in the Store by setting a plan to deliver the Best Customer Experience. The Store Manager will ensure to have the Best Team and support their development, as well as work with talent and leadership development and structured performance management for the Store Team based on results, values, and leadership. The Store Manager will work in accordance with legal requirements and H&M standards, policies, and procedures to meet the expectations of customers and colleagues.
This position reports to our Area Sales Manager and has the following direct reports: Store Visual Manager (based on volume), Department Manager, Department Supervisor (based on volume), Visual Merchandisers (based on volume) Cash Office Responsible (based on volume), and Sales Associate.
Your Day to Day*
Sales and Profit
- Regularly analyze and follow up on Sales & Profit KPIs and take actions accordingly to maximize results
- Ensure store operations, H&M standards, and best practices are followed including proper scheduling to maximize conversion and enable commercial activities (Move, Sales, Events, Tasks, and Routines, etc.) and excellent customer service keeping within the sales budget of allocated hours
- Together with the Area and Store team, prioritize actions and provide feedback on store allocations to secure a good garment level that has a clear impact on selling
- Ensure that the maintenance in the store is managed in a cost-efficient way to meet H&M standards and initiate actions accordingly
- Actively prevent loss together with Store Team and ensure that all appropriate Audit guidelines are being followed
- Actively participate in executing store routines and tasks including but not limited to the delivery truck, garment processing, reductions, and price changes
People and Teams
- Oversee and manage recruitment, training, development, and succession planning for the Store in line with H&M best practices
- Evaluate and manage the performance of Store Team members; execute dialogues, development plans, feedback, and follow-ups, and take actions to improve performance to support the business needs
- Ensure regular and clear communication to the Store team on Business Performance, Company Culture & Values, and Country/Sales Market/Area/Store goals through daily Store Meetings and weekly/monthly Leadership Meetings
- Ensure that health & safety, legal, and security issues are being handled to H&M standards and local laws, securing the employee and customer safety at all times
- Strengthen our Company Culture by promoting feedback in our daily work and coach the Store Team to do the same
- Sales and profit responsibility for the store
- Accurate recording of sales figures and hours
Who You Are
- Inclusive, positive, creative, and willing to try new things
- Passionate for customer service and inspiring it in others
- Outcome driven, with the planning, engagement, and motivation to bring it to fruition
- You have the ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short distance
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
- Open availability including evenings and weekends
- 2-3+ years of transferrable experience leading management level employee’s welcome
- Basic computer skills such as browser navigation, software interaction, and data entry are needed
- May be required to travel as necessary to support other stores, attend meetings and training
Why You’ll Love Working for H&M
- Dynamic, team-driven work environment with a group of unique, diverse, and kind individuals.
- Endless growth & development opportunities
- Dress your personality. We encourage you to dress your personality all day, every day.
- Did we mention our discount at H&M, &Other Stories, and COS?
Job Status: Salary, Non-Exempt (Exempt for Top Volume locations)
Hiring Range is $67,004 - $75,379 annually**
H&M believes in rewarding our employees for their many contributions to our shared success. That’s why we offer a full range of inclusive benefits that enable wellness, both in and outside of work. We pride ourselves on being a do-good company, and we have a comprehensive benefits package that matches that ambition. Please note, benefits may have eligibility requirements based on employment status.
We offer: 25% Staff Discount - Medical, Pharmacy Vision and Dental Coverage – Employee Assistance Program - Vacation, Wellness, Holiday and Parental Pay – 401K – Commuter Benefits, Health, and Dependent Care FSA. Plus, additional Voluntary Benefits.
Our Career site will have more details; click on Benefits at career.hm.com
EEOC Code: OFM
- This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
**H&M, in good faith, believes that this posted range of compensation is the accurate range for this role at this location at the time of this posting. H&M may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range depending on candidate qualifications. This range may be modified in the future.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGERSET ActiveEstimated $44.3K - $56.1K a yearInternshipWeekend availability +1GENERAL: Develop and maintain strategies across all social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram, TikTok, BeReal, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter7 minute agoShareLos Angeles, CA
BFT - Clinical Research Coordinator for The Healthcare Transformation Lab- Spanish and/or Portuguese speaking preferredMassachusetts General Hospital(MGH)Part-time +1Day shiftBFT - Clinical Research Coordinator for The Healthcare Transformation Lab- Spanish and/or Portuguese speaking preferred - (3224336) General Summary The8 minute agoShareBoston, MA 02114 (West End area)
SUPPORT COORDINATOR - REMOTEPalcoEstimated $49.5K - $62.7K a yearFull-timeSUPPORT COORDINATOR Join a growing, visionary company pioneering an emerging health-care movement, empowering people to make their own choices and live8 minute agoShareRemote in United States
Product Manager II, Learning and EducationFull-timeNote: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY,8 minute agoShareNew York, NY (Chelsea area)
Intelligence Research SpecialistUS Department of State - Agency Wide$74,950 - $97,430 a yearDuties Collects, organizes, and analyzes intelligence data dealing with suspected fraudulent use of U.S. Consular issued documents. Analyzes data related to59 minute agoShareRosslyn, VA 22209 (Radnor-Ft Myer Heights area)